Weird Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureux

I just got a Bearded Dragon and they said to leave him alone for a few days and not to worry if he doesn't eat.

Well I create the terrarium and set the cricket next to it on the shelf and he keeps trying to get them. So I finally give him some and leave him be for a few hours. When I come back he keeps watching me so I open the terrarium to check on him.

Next thing I know my brand new Beardy is curled up with his face buried in my neck dozing. Is this normal Bearded Dragon behavior?

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
yup. normal beardie behaviour. they LOVE snuggles.

it is a little odd that he got over relocation stress so quickly, but be thankful you don't have to worry about that part

Aureux

Original Poster
Yeah no not facing that. Rather he doesn't seem to want to let go of my shirt and every time I try to put him back he buries himself into it.

I have no idea what to think. Maybe he is just happier here?

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
he seems to really like you. or at least, your shirt.

i knows its cute, but he really does need to be in his tank at least 8 hours a day for UVB exposure.

its good that he seems to have settle right in. a lot of new beardie slaves seem to worry about the relocation part of serving a beardie because they wont eat or bask or anything.

Aureux

Original Poster
Its sundown now so I figured it was okay. *is actually almost 10 at night her time* Thanks for the answers. I'm excited to see how he settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom