Brumation month 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Hello all.
Gretchen has been going strong and is still in brumation. She started mid December and is still sleeping.
She does usually wake up when I check on her and lift up her blankets (that she's kicked out of her hut lol) she gets a nice warm bath every 7 to 10 days (some days when I lift up her blankets she wont wake up so I leave her be and try a few days later). She drinks quite a bit in the bath. If I'm lucky I can hang out with her on the couch before she starts heading towards her home. Then I know she's had enough lol.
Weighed her yesterday 373 grams. Back in November she has a spell of coccidia. She weighed 340 grams. After her treatment her appetite sky rocketed and by end of December she was at a whopping 387!! Here's a few pictures from yesterday and today. She was asleep within 5 minutes of being put back yesterday.
How long can this go on for???
I want my friend back ???? ?
Have a great night everyone!!!
93727-9333452936.jpg
93727-7480381923.jpg
93727-3133936469.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She's still looking nice and healthy. Hopefully the change in seasons outside will trigger her to wake back up soon. If the seasons actually decide to change of course :lol:

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1k7hnn81 said:
She's still looking nice and healthy. Hopefully the change in seasons outside will trigger her to wake back up soon. If the seasons actually decide to change of course :lol:

Its insane here. Wednesday was like 8 degrees during the day and. Went to bed and woke up to -25 with the wind yesterday lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah same thing happening all over this year. I went to a baseball game (college) at the end of february and it was in the 60s and sunny - perfect for it. The minor league team here is opening this weekend and we're expecting temps in the teens and snow! Gretchen probably has the right idea to just bunker down and wait it out =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom