New beardie head bobbing and running around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze

I just got my second beardie and he keeps going nuts, head bobbing, running around his tank (40 gallon breeder) and his beard is almost always dark. Both of my beardies are males a little over a year old, they can see each other but their tanks are across the room from eachother. My first beardie almost never head bobbed but not they keep head bobbing at eachother. My old beardie’s beard isn’t dark at all and he just hangs out like normal, no excessive scittering around his tank and the only change is the occasional head bob at the new fella, who head bobs/skitters around like every 2 minutes it seems. I know he might be scared to be in a new environment, in just curious as to what’s causing his behavior!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Namikaze":fz64pyb2 said:
I just got my second beardie and he keeps going nuts, head bobbing, running around his tank (40 gallon breeder) and his beard is almost always dark. Both of my beardies are males a little over a year old, they can see each other but their tanks are across the room from eachother. My first beardie almost never head bobbed but not they keep head bobbing at eachother. My old beardie’s beard isn’t dark at all and he just hangs out like normal, no excessive scittering around his tank and the only change is the occasional head bob at the new fella, who head bobs/skitters around like every 2 minutes it seems. I know he might be scared to be in a new environment, in just curious as to what’s causing his behavior!

I'm assuming the other dragon is within eyesight , both are males and this is going to be a big issue for ever unless you move one or the other into another room permanently.
They must never even be allowed to see each other, males are hyperterritorial and WILL FIGHT.

You might get away with stacking the tanks in a rack type arrangement so one tank is under the other and there is no permanent line of sight where both males can see each other if moving one tank to another room is not an option. You may still have problems as they both know there is another male present and will hear and smell each other , and will see each other when you get one out for playtime/ free range time / cuddles.

Also I'm also assuming you have vivs with see through glass sides .The glass sides on the tanks that are also going to be a problem especially as you move into breeding season ( essentially most of spring and summer ) and the two boys become hyperhorny.

Your dragon will be seeing it's own reflection (and can't escape from the ghost dragon who's the reflections of itself and are haunting it) who is always staring back at it and will be blackbearding and headnodding back at it.....
A fix is to get hold of some stiff cardboard and line the inside of the sides and front and back of the tank with this up to the highest level he can see - this will get rid of those reflections (the ghost beardie who has upset the dragon) and he will likely settle down when the ghost beardie has disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom