Excessive glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanina

So, as the title says, my beardie is glass surfing a loooot. She typically does it around 9 am-12 pm, and if I’m laying down in my bed, she does it frantically until I sit up. Recently, however, she’s been doing it all the time. She’s approaching a year old and I’ve had her for about 8 months out of that. She’s been in a 40gal tank ever since she outgrew a 10gal, temps are where they should be, she’s getting as much food as she’ll eat, she has a basking spot and a hide, shedding good, and she doesn’t ever have a black beard, stress lines, or show any sign of aggression when she’s glass surfing. Also, whenever I take her out of her tank to run around when she’s doing this, she glass surfs on her tank from the outside (it’s on the floor). What do y’all think is up with her?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably hormones. At that age and starting around this time of the year they can go a bit nuts. My guy is currently "glass surfing" the outside wall of the living room because the house isn't even big enough for him :lol: If everything else seems normal with her, I'd keep letting her out to run around and try to burn off steam. Otherwise it's a bit of a waiting game.

Vanina

Original Poster
CooperDragon":187ib2fe said:
Probably hormones. At that age and starting around this time of the year they can go a bit nuts. My guy is currently "glass surfing" the outside wall of the living room because the house isn't even big enough for him :lol: If everything else seems normal with her, I'd keep letting her out to run around and try to burn off steam. Otherwise it's a bit of a waiting game.

Haha yeah my girl was doing the same thing on my closet door! I’m thinking about putting a dog bed or something similar in front of a window to let her look out, I heard that helps too

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep. I have a dog bed set up in a window sill and Darwin loves to sit and look out the window. All of my guys have.

76248-13449900.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom