brumation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
my beardie recently brumated for fifteen days and I though he had woken up so i turned all of his lights on slowly and he woke up. this is about two days after and yesterday he wet back to sleep but he woke up this morning and has been awake since. i dont know if he is going back to sleep and i should turn his lights off or if he is just bored so sleepng is what he turns to. he has always been pretty lazy and will normally sleep whenever but i ust wanted someone elses advice on what i should do for him. thanks! he is also in shed by the way. dont know if that affects anything. :sleepy2:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would leave his lights on the normal schedule but provide a place for him to hide and sleep if he wants to. Take him out every week or so to track his weight and offer some water. Otherwise I'd just let him be if his weight is stable and he's just acting sleepy. My dragon was in brumation (with some spurts of being awake for a day or two) for about 3 months this year.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3vljuawu said:
I would leave his lights on the normal schedule but provide a place for him to hide and sleep if he wants to. Take him out every week or so to track his weight and offer some water. Otherwise I'd just let him be if his weight is stable and he's just acting sleepy. My dragon was in brumation (with some spurts of being awake for a day or two) for about 3 months this year.
ok! thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom