Dragon keeps trying to eat small debris when free roam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vallium

This might sound a little dumb, but I dont know why she does that and I'm worried to let her free roam if she eats too much inedible things

My dragon keeps eating small bits of things on the floor, tiny pieces of plastic, dust, kernals, etc. It's a pain in the butt and I now have to scan the floor for any small bits she might try to consume and pick them up beforehand, but I'm worried I could miss some and she'd eat it.

I fed her before I let her go again, but she'll still try to snap up a small kernel of popcorn lying by the trash if I dont watch her. I dont know why she does this since my other dragon is not prone to this, I hope the small bits she consumes can easily be passed

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In a lot of cases small bits can be passed through without issue but I don't like to risk it. Part of dragon proofing the house for free roaming is to sweep and vacuum thoroughly and regularly to prevent accidental ingestion. I pay careful attention to the entry way this time of year too because our boots keep tracking in chunks of road salt which can be fatal. I usually wind up sweeping the entry way a couple of times a day and I vacuum carpeting every day or two in order to minimize risk of my guy eating something he shouldn't. They tend to be curious and lick things to find out more about them so I'd go on the assumption that they will try to eat any small bits laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom