Spencer doesn’t like to be touched????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutebutcreepy

Hello, I just recently got another bearded dragon after my old one passed away. I never had trouble with holding/feeding Draggon (my old beardie) but Spencer seems to hate when I touch him. I’ve become afraid to take him out because he goes to bite or he puffs up at me whenever I try to take him out. The first few days I had him he seemed fine and would even fall asleep on me when I would hold him but one day he just stopped. He’s always scratching at the tank wanting to get out but when I take him out, he goes to bite or run away from me. I’ve tried to feed him out of my hand, try to make him comfortable with me, and more but he just seems to dislike us. I really need some tips, it is much appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be that he's just taking more time than usual to settle in. If he is biting and puffing out I'd give him space for a while. Do you see signs of a shed? Sometimes a rough shed can put them in a foul mood for a while but that's usually temporary. You could try winning him over by offering a silk worm or similar treat by hand and see how that goes.

Cutebutcreepy

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2vjr3jrd said:
It could be that he's just taking more time than usual to settle in. If he is biting and puffing out I'd give him space for a while. Do you see signs of a shed? Sometimes a rough shed can put them in a foul mood for a while but that's usually temporary. You could try winning him over by offering a silk worm or similar treat by hand and see how that goes.
He did shed a lot a few weeks ago. I’ll see if the worm thing works! I really appreciate you responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom