Beardie sleeps when im not home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiasc0

I dont know if this is just love or something, but when i go off to school my beardie seems to sleep untill i get back. I thought is was just brumation, but then on weekends when im home, hes out and about basking and jumping and running around. Some days he stays out while im at school, others hes sleeping. Is it just love?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be that he's bored while you are away. He may be doing some patrols around the tank while you're gone too. I found via time lapse video that they tend to move around the tank over the course of the day more than we think. Is his tank in an area of the house that has activity during the day or is it set away from the action a bit?

Fiasc0

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3ueeyp97 said:
It could be that he's bored while you are away. He may be doing some patrols around the tank while you're gone too. I found via time lapse video that they tend to move around the tank over the course of the day more than we think. Is his tank in an area of the house that has activity during the day or is it set away from the action a bit?

Since he is my dragon, hes in my room and we have three cats so he cant be put in the living room or anything. He likes it in my room, loves my bed and occasianly has enjoyed it enough to poo on it. My sister sometimes comes in and has a look at him, same with my dad

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah OK. Best to keep him away from the cats, for sure. Perhaps you could put an interesting background on his tank for him to look at. Otherwise I'd just keep giving him time out of the tank to explore when you are home. That should give him plenty of enrichment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom