Stop Pooping on my Bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerBing

Okay, so I'm very well aware that most comments on the behavior section of this website are in regards to a small, usually baby beardie. Unfortunately though, in my situation, we're speaking about a six year old lizard. So basically, I bought my beardie from someone when he was three or four. They had tamed him completely and he was very much docile. When I got him, I was initially excited, but eventually lost interest as most younger children do. So basically I didn't handle him for two years, and he had a pretty poor life. But for the last year+ I've been holding and pampering the little guy with every luxury a beardie can have - fruit, baths, dubia roaches, walks... Unfortunately though, he has developed a pretty poor habit over the last few months, in that when he is not getting his way, or wants to be put back, he uses the restroom on my bed sheets... ITS GROSS! So now, I really have no clue what to do. I suppose I could not put him back when he poops to show him that he won't get his way, but then again that's gross as I would have to endure the smells coming off his stool. I'm just getting tired of washing my sheets every other day because of this animal. Im going broke having to run so many washing loads. So if anyone has any advice I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

ulintze29

You could try letting him poop in the bath before putting him on your bed. There are a lot of beardies that poop in the tub when they are in warm water.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Really, a dragon that has that habit just doesn't belong on the bed at all. :) Leave him down on an uncarpeted floor only.

ChandlerBing

Original Poster
So, unfortunately, I've tried very hard to make my beardie poop in the bath, but even when he has already gone to the bathroom in the tub, he let's out a little dribble on my bed. Sometimes it's a few drops, and other times I'm sitting there asking, "what did I feed him?!". And letting him play on the carpet is unfortunately worse, and he would be prone to run under something and stay there for a while.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ChandlerBing":3eplgprq said:
So, unfortunately, I've tried very hard to make my beardie poop in the bath, but even when he has already gone to the bathroom in the tub, he let's out a little dribble on my bed. Sometimes it's a few drops, and other times I'm sitting there asking, "what did I feed him?!". And letting him play on the carpet is unfortunately worse, and he would be prone to run under something and stay there for a while.

They are creatures of habit and routine, you set the habit by placing him on the bed and not waiting for him to poo before hand.

This is fixable, just takes patience.

In the mean time while he decides the bed is his territory and the carpet, keep some paper towel handy and watch for when he signals he is ready to poo , then when lifts his bum and tail slip some paper towel under him.

It's been my observation that lizards establish a latrine area and go there routinely, and they don't like soiling inside their territory.

My guys usually poo in the same couple of places (either in their vivs if I don't get them out) and on the lino in the kitchen, rarely on the carpet , never on the lounge , and very rarely on us. They do have accidents some times.
We simply clean up with paper towel if we are not quick enough , and then give the spot a spray with F10SC 1:125 dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom