First Wave and Head Bob from Latigo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just as pleased as punch and very surprised to see my baby leatherback, Latigo (Laddy, although if "he" turns out to be a "she", I'll have to change the nickname to "Lassie", I guess :) ) on his basking log, walked over as close to me as he could get, and started up with several slow, almost hypnotic, circular "waves" at me, followed by 2 or 3 head bobs, and then more waving. Rinse well and repeat :lol: .

I found it absolutely delightful! His cage sits right next to my desk, and we look at each other off and on all day long, mostly. He likes his salad in a bowl, but he likes me to feed his insect treats by hand, so I'm thinking that he knows me as the Giver of Food, which he seems to think is a good thing :D .

I'm not sure of his age. I keep forgetting to call and ask the breeder when "he" was born/hatched, but his SVL is 4 1/4". Counting the tail, you can pretty much double that length, even though a tiny tip seems to have been bitten off by his clutch mates or somesuch at some time. So I don't know if it's just juveniles, or if adults do it, too. I've read a lot of other posts on this behavior, but I'm never sure of the ages of others' Dragons.

Anyway, I find it adorable, delightful, and flattering that he does the wave and bob at me. I hope he'll do more of it in the future! I've had him about a week, and this is the first time he's done it.

IrishEyesMrsZ

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2xc31pl4 said:
Sounds like he's trying to communicate and likes you =).

I hope he likes me, 'cause I sure like him! He's a lively, personable li'l fella, and I'm in love with him :).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
It's one of their most endearing behavours....

If Latigo is armwaving , with slow head bobs , I'd say Latigo is a girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom