cleavour things your beardies do or have done

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'll start : just a few .... more will occur to me later.

.... my beardies have all sussed out and can open kitchen underbench cabinet doors

....they are only blocked from the hallway because they are too lazy to simply push the "gate box" open or climb over it (Toothless did this today because he wanted to see what mommy was doing in the study and what was making all wurling clicking sounds in there ...LOL).

.... my beardies all tell me when they are ready to go back into their tanks or tubs .... they come over sit next to it and then stare at me , and it I don't notice , they start scratching on the outside

.... beardies respond appropriate to our calling them by name, and to the words "no" , "don't"

.... I gave Peppa her 3rd ever bath the other day (8 days no poos) , had the baby bath on the chair next to me and she was on my tummy , saw it and wanted to get in .... I think she likes baths and she knew exactly what it was there for and was keen to get in ....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin has figured out how to open the swinging door on the kitchen so he can escape when he wants to. Took a bunch of poking around but he found the spot to push on with a bit of a start and pop the door just enough to sneak through the opening.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I suppose Puff's hunting strategy of sticking his tongue out and expecting the crickets to hop on there all by themselves doesn't qualify. :roll:

Unless it's a ploy to get his human slaves to feel sorry for him and try to figure out a way to spoon feed him live bugs...

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Lizarto (the one that passed) she responded to uh-uh, she looks at me with her eyes so wide open. (it was creepy)
Lizarto would respond to her name when i call her. despite her being lazy she looks back at me like "what human. i am not going to move."
Squishy, he knows his name and is in training to come when called.
Squishy, attempted to climb away from his bath. AND ESCAPE -.-
he is taught when he s done pooping from his bath to climb onto me so i could dry him.
that is all i have taught him so far besides him being derby and look at me like i did something wrong :3

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Simon had figured out that when climbing the window screen, to look down or over at me and I'd help her down. She also figured out I was a source of trust (as many do) and would intentionally retreat to me and snuggle when she was done with her excitement from being free-range. Rest in peace, sweetheart.

Richter has taught me that when he wants out, he moves to the cool side of the tank (closest to me) and stares. If ignored, he'll hop onto his flooring and press on the glass doors. If ignored, he will start to dig in the corner until let out. He has also taught me that he wants back into his enclosure when he runs to it and boops his nose the the outside glass. He is also very close to figuring out how to open his enclosure doors. There is a lock, but I haven't been using it as I live alone and he, up until now, hasn't been trying to push it open.

Alucard has learned to associate the calcium shaker cup with food, so as soon as she hears the shaking cup she gets really excited. She's young and can still learn more, hopefully :)

Nothing too impressive from any of mine, but enough to note they aren't just "stick in a cage to look at" pets.

Linus will turn around in the bath for me to splash whatever part he wants splashed with water. When he wants a section brushed with the toothbrush he will either lift it, like his feet, or wave to it, like his back. When he wants out he will stand on his hind legs with his front ones up, like lift me mommy!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
On the floor and I'm not paying attention , Peppa wants to be picked up , I don't notice, so she comes over and pats me on the foot ....

(She's not the only one who has done this , Puff and Rex did it, Wriggles and Lucky did it, George and Mildred do it, and the wild skinks (especially the ones who move inside each summer) do it too - either pat me on the foot, or pat the side of my calf or my hand if it's resting on my leg or next to me.....).

That is so adorable!

Do you think that the longer term dragons and skinks are training the newbies in "this is how you get the hooman's attention?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
LinusTheOrange":2ow3wboe said:
That is so adorable!

Do you think that the longer term dragons and skinks are training the newbies in "this is how you get the hooman's attention?

I am pretty sure they learn by example and observing what happens , ie little skink comes over and touches hooman's hand to get his attention (and a yummy mealworm or cricket off him) , beardie sees this , and next day does the same , gets what she / he wanted as a result, so it's a useful behavior and now part their repetire.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Robert managed to 'hide' in plain sight from my husband for over an hour.

...clever beardie or silly hooman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom