My Beardie ran away from me at the beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmyandetta

So my friend and I just got this bearded dragon, he is probably about 4 months old so maybe we shouldn't be taking him to the beach, but I honestly don't know. Our friends always take their bearded dragon to the beach and she just sits there as they spray her with water occasionally. So we put our beardie down on the sand, and he just sat there for a minute, then all of a sudden he started running away towards the dunes. He has never run away like that before. Luckily we were able to get him, but it just scared me a little. Was he like, "bye Felecia, see ya never, I'm free" or what was the deal there. We are kind of scared, we just want him to be social but also well trained obviously. #why
- Two bearded dragon moms

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Oh no.

Likely a gull flew overhead and this scared him and made him run for cover - it's instinct for them to do this and then to hide until the threat has gone. He'll been terrified out there in the dunes all by himself. Poor little guy... :(

EDITTED.

Mysty

Juvie Member
You could always make him a harness. At 4 months it might be difficult to buy one that fits but you can diy something to size using some sturdy fabric and parachute cord/toggle cords for a basic harness and some ribbon for the lead.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
emmyandetta":32rjn0ed said:
So my friend and I just got this bearded dragon, he is probably about 4 months old so maybe we shouldn't be taking him to the beach, but I honestly don't know. Our friends always take their bearded dragon to the beach and she just sits there as they spray her with water occasionally. So we put our beardie down on the sand, and he just sat there for a minute, then all of a sudden he started running away towards the dunes. He has never run away like that before. Luckily we were able to get him, but it just scared me a little. Was he like, "bye Felecia, see ya never, I'm free" or what was the deal there. We are kind of scared, we just want him to be social but also well trained obviously. #why
- Two bearded dragon moms

I didn't see that line .... got to stop multitasking when on here.

IMO - no outside adventures at least until he's 12 months old and then only under very close supervision and while harnessed and on a leash or in portable 100% wire enclosed cage.

You might enjoy these outings but your hatchling will not, will have been very stressful and scary.
Your beardie is not a dog , he's best left at home where he''ll feel safe and secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom