Baby bearded dragon scared of water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogonda

Hello my baby bearded dragon Bandit won't drink water. I try to use his water dropper and drop some water on his nose but he just freaks out and shakes his head and runs away. I been giving him baths since he won't drink any water. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to not be afraid of it.

I'm confused, is he afraid of a water dragon (the lizard species) or water? If it's water I wouldn't worry, with regular baths and veggies he shouldn't need another water source.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What species water dragon do you have
....Eastern Water Dragon ( Physignathus Lesueurii ) ?
....Gippsland Water Dragon ( Intellagama lesueurii ) ?
or Asian Water Dragon ( Physignathus cocincinus ) ?

..........please tell me they ARE NOT SHARING the same viv especially if there is a size difference .... your hatchling wont last long if they are are - the water dragon will eat him.

Pogonda

Original Poster
seandeangelis":35e4wdry said:
I'm confused, is he afraid of a water dragon (the lizard species) or water? If it's water I wouldn't worry, with regular baths and veggies he shouldn't need another water source.

Just water lol I didn't notice my phone auto corrected after I typed water im so sorry

Pogonda

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":15do5qiv said:

..........please tell me they ARE NOT SHARING the same viv especially if there is a size difference .... your hatchling wont last long if they are are - the water dragon will eat him.

Omg no no no I meant just water but I didn't notice my phone autocorrected

Mysty

Juvie Member
Yeah, make sure your live food is well hydrated with those little gel balls and rinse greens with water. That'll be plenty for good hydration unless you live in a very dry climate then you may need a light misting once a day.

I made the mistake of using water bowls for a bit but they simply get ignored.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Pogonda":2abaxjzn said:
kingofnobbys":2abaxjzn said:

Omg no no no I meant just water but I didn't notice my phone autocorrected

That's a relief ......

OK, since he's scared of water , no bathing for him unless it's necessary
>> ie he's soiled himself
>> ie he's impacted
>> ie he's too hot
>> ie he's got some stubborn shed on his fingers or toes or tail
>> ie he's got a open injury than needs a soak in very dilute betadiene.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mysty":1vcxhdi8 said:
Yeah, make sure your live food is well hydrated with those little gel balls

<<<< please don't use water crystal balls to hydrate your insects ,that stuff winds up in the beardies stomach and gut where it can cause cancer , hydrate the insects with chunks of fresh carrot and high calcium content leafy greens. Best place for those gel balls is in pots you are growing flowers and herbs in.

and rinse greens with water. That'll be plenty for good hydration unless you live in a very dry climate then you may need a light misting once a day.

Mysty

Juvie Member
kingofnobbys":3sjzl8iq said:
Mysty":3sjzl8iq said:

<<<< please don't use water crystal balls to hydrate your insects ,that stuff winds up in the beardies stomach and gut where it can cause cancer , hydrate the insects with chunks of fresh carrot and high calcium content leafy greens. Best place for those gel balls is in pots you are growing flowers and herbs in.

and rinse greens with water. That'll be plenty for good hydration unless you live in a very dry climate then you may need a light misting once a day.

I was referring to these.

http://www.livefoods.co.uk/habistat-h2o-balls-insect-hydration-black-p-2492.html

Have never heard of a problem with them??

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Mysty":n8olsrdr said:
kingofnobbys":n8olsrdr said:
Mysty":n8olsrdr said:

I was referring to these.

http://www.livefoods.co.uk/habistat-h2o-balls-insect-hydration-black-p-2492.html

Have never heard of a problem with them??
Yes , I've heard of this material , sold under a different brandname.

The key is they are a polyacrylamide - and this is a polymer and indigestible so by definition something to be avoided .

A bit if carrot works better and has vitamins in it and is lots cheaper and has none of the risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom