Tail curl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
I've seen a lot of comments regarding the tail curl. Most stating it either means hunting or alert. However my dragon sometimes does it when there is no food around, and there is nothing different about his environment that what is normal. However he does seem to do quite a bit of starting at nothing, and it's nearly impossible to break his concentration

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The comments (mine included) are based on our observations over time so they aren't all encompassing or a rule by any means. Just what we generally notice. He may just have different habits than what we've seen which is totally fine and worth noting and recording.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry, but I really didn't understand your comment. Especially, "worth nothing and recording."

Mysty

Juvie Member
The times that they tail curl varies from dragon to dragon. I guess a bit like cats that swish their tail. Some do it more than others and for different reasons.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Worth noting and recording means that what you observe with him in terms of his behavior is worth remembering and commenting on. That's what others are doing as well when we say the antenna tail seems to mean happy and alert and curious that's just what we've seen them do when their tail goes up. If that's not the case with every dragon it's worth noting since we're all still learning about their behavior and communication as we live with them. It's not necessarily bad or a sign of a problem, it's just something different that we can learn from =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom