shed time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
is it usual for a younger beardie to be quite lethargic when shedding? i thought it was but i just wanted to make sure. he is still eating exactly what he normally does, still weighs 135 grams, but i just wanted to be on the safe side, because i am a huge worry wart.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They respond differently so it's hard to say. They also respond differently to different sheds. Sometimes they'll stop eating, sometimes they'll act irritable, lethargy isn't unheard of but I'd keep a close eye on him. It's a good sign that he's still eating though. This may just be his way of dealing with the discomfort of a shed.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
great thanks! i also didnt think about this, but it was a little close to his bed time when i noticed this. i will be sure to keep an eye on him

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Close to bedtime could have something to do with it too. :sleepy2: Sometimes our beardie zones out a few hours before lights out, and other times he's wide awake at bedtime and doesn't want to settle down. Good to watch him like Cooper says, but don't get too worried unless you see other signs of illness.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
great! thank you for the advice i will be sure to keep watching him. his lights went out before i got home, and he was still awake less lethargic. i think he had a long day yesterday, seeing as one of our cats was in my room. he is acting more like himself now, but in this shed that has started, only half of his head is white/grey colour like before the shed. the back half is what is this color. and he normally sheds all of his head at once. but he has been gaining weight like crazy lol he is just growing growing growing! my friends dragon started as a bigger dragon, but mine started super small. I guess now is the time he is having his growth spurt!

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he has definantly been active :blob5: i am watching him run around, eat his collards, and drink some water right now!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
The faster they grow, the faster they outgrow their skin and the more often they have to shed. And sometimes the sheds are symmetrical and sometimes not. Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons... :mrgreen:

At least it sounds like he's having a good day. Eating veggies and drinking water (all by himself? :shock: ) is a very nice accomplishment when you can get it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom