Head scratching

Status
Not open for further replies.

maan1123

So me and my bearded dragon (banana) has gotten really close! I can pet him on the back and he will be super cool with it. The problem is, whenever I try to get closer to his head (I tried to pet his head) he starts using scratching hisi head with his claws. He is fine with being pet anywhere else except for the head. Could it be that he just doesnt like being touched there, or are we just not close enough?

Whenever he does that, I jump and get scared, and since I don't want to stress him I stop. Is this the right way to do it?

Zuzu

The only time my beardie does this is if I'm petting him in an area he is shedding/about to shed. This could be the case with yours. Does his head look like it's in shed?

If that's not the cause, it could just be he doesn't enjoy getting pet on the head, haha.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Dragons usually don't like the top of their heads messed with, they have parietal eye up there that senses danger from above. Messing with it usually bothers them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom