Just a quick question about gaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmorris

So ive been sitting on my bed watching natsu on his basking branch and i keep noticing him gaping. I know that they do this to regulate their body temp but i checked his temps and his basking spot is only at 100. Is this a normal behavior or could something else be wrong??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's just sitting there basking with his mouth open it's usually a sign that he's enjoying the temperature and just basking. As long as he has the option to move to a cooler spot it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Pmorris

Original Poster
Okay thanks but yea hes just basking and he can go down to his cool side to 80 degrees.

thesaraheffect

CooperDragon":1mcjrct9 said:
If he's just sitting there basking with his mouth open it's usually a sign that he's enjoying the temperature and just basking. As long as he has the option to move to a cooler spot it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Oh my gosh, this makes me so happy. I'm a new mom to an adult beardie and still don't "get" a lot of what he does!
full

He was doing this on his basking platform last night, is this gaping? It's about 100-103 on the platform and 75 on the cool side.

As you can tell by this picture, he's also VERY interested in his new UV light, he keeps rearing up on it and clawing at it, almost touching his nose to the bulb!

Pmorris

Original Poster
I know how you feel but yes thats what gaping is. Natsu does the same thing on his basking branch at the same temps.
90934-4059301494.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
89300-7047654851.jpg

Totally normal :lol:
Old pic but she loves those reptile ropes meant for chameleons and other climbers, if you are wondering why she is floating...

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
traildrifterphalanx":2v42fdpb said:
Old pic but she loves those reptile ropes meant for chameleons and other climbers, if you are wondering why she is floating...

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom