Bearded dragon getting dark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jittjuke

Hello, I've had my bearded dragon for about aweek tmr will be a full week exactly. And thank you guys for you help. He's eating he seems better with the lights and everything.

-today I picked zooma up for a quick bath I'm trying not to handle him much because I want him to adapt to his cage more. But when I picked him up today I took him into the bathroom and flipped on the water. While he was in my hand I don't know if it was the mirror or the loud sound of the water or both. But he started to get very dark like the white stipes on his arm even darkened up. So I took him back into my room and gently stroked his back with my finger for awhile and after like 15-20 minutes he was getting lighter again. Was he just scared? After this I fed him he ate 7 dubia's. and then put him back in his cage. He still has some stress marks sometimes he gets them more sometimes less. Should he get them while basking? Because sometimes he does.

Lately the warm side is 95-100 the middle is about 85-90 and the cool is 70-85 while basking is 100-115
I use a uvb light fixture 10.0.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Bearded dragons can change color for all sorts of different reasons, but mostly it has to do with temperature and sometimes stress, although so called "stress marks" are misnamed because they don't always indicate stress. Yours sounds like he's normal and you both just need a little more time to get used to each other.

Your temperatures and lighting sound good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom