Still head bobbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwj1609

Hello. On Jan 27 we adopted a 2 yet old female. Cute as a button. ? We have a 4 yr old male. The are in separate bibs and will stay that way. He saw her one time. Her tank is above his. He was a cuddly beardie now he is a head bobbing, black beard displaying, foot stomping grouch. We figure he is smelling her. I can barely hold him because he goes wild with the bobbing and other displays. How long do you think this will continue? Have I lost my sweet boy? Help!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
he's horny and obsessed by the new sexy girl in his world.... it'll kinda blow over , but he'll always be a bit obsessed with her now he knows she's there.

be warned --- it will likely get worse (more intense as the mating season comes around and his hormones really kick in, and she'll probably not help the matters by flaunting herself at him .
Puff did very inappropriate things to the carpet ridge, shoes, soft toys, and even feet when he was really horny and obsessed with Rex .

wwj1609

Original Poster
Oh my goodness. Funny but not funny. We're keeping them separate. I try to not even let him see her when I remove one from their viv. Oh well nature at its best. BTW when is mating season and how long does it last?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
wwj1609":b7nu6t4q said:
Oh my goodness. Funny but not funny. We're keeping them separate. I try to not even let him see her when I remove one from their viv. Oh well nature at its best. BTW when is mating season and how long does it last?

I'm in Australia (so simply add 6 months if you north of the equator), here beardies are getting into mating from about August and the season lasts a couple of months, the skinks produce babies from September and into November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom