Waving after eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

I'm completely new to owning reptiles, and obviously Bearded Dragons. This might be nothing but im just curious, my Bearded Dragon is about four months old, i got him from the pet store only about a week ago. His (or her) name is Toby. I know that when they wave its a sign of submission to a bigger bearded or a bigger animal, or a greeting to a fellow bearded. But he only waves after I feed him and i was just wondering if anyone knows what that may mean? Or if anyone elses beardie does this. Im not concerned im just curious :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
They wave for all the reasons you mentioned. They also randomly wave. it's probably more coincidental then related to the feedings.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Toothless did that to me when little but big enough to have a bit of floor exploration time.... (wasn't waving at his own reflection , Peppa did that though and til she figured out that the ghost beardie was not really there) , I waved back beardie style to him and got some classic looks from him and usually stopped him in his tracks for a while (guess he was trying figure exactly what I was saying to him and I probably "mispronounced" what I was saying to him.

They are full of personality and soon work out how to get their pet / slave (human) to do their bidding .... not just dumb lizards .... lol.

In fact all my pet lizards "talk" to me, skinks (wild and pets0 do head flicks , tail wriggles and waves , front foot stamps, head cocks etc ) and dragons (armwaves, headflicks, headnods, colouring up brightly (sure sign beardie's happy !!) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom