Lazy Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEIBeardies

Any time I go to feed my bearded dragon Marley crickets over the past couple days he runs and hides in one of his logs and waits for the crickets to come to him. I am unsure about this behaviour and have never seen it in one of my dragons before. It's as if he is too lazy to hunt so hes now just sitting there and waiting for food to come to him. He usually will just chill for about an hour and wait for the food then go bask. I'll usually feed him 10-15 crickets daily with a couple meal worms and his veg. Is this something I should try and stop or is this behaviour somewhat normal? He is 3 months old now and right around 11".

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They go through phases so he may just be not as hungry as usual. They are opportunistic feeders though and aren't likely to expend a ton of energy if they don't need to and aren't super hungry. At his age I'd keep up with the feedings a couple of times a day and see if he comes out of it and perks up a bit. You could also try feeding him outside of the tank and see if he'll chase some worms or roaches around the floor. Sometimes changing up their routine a bit does the trick and re-gains their interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom