Too young for a reptile leash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinxx

Hello!
I have a baby beardie about 2 months old, I've had him for two weeks and now that he is adjusted to his new home he is getting very active and curious.
As I live in Arizona and it's getting warmer by the minute, I would love to be able to take him outside without worry of him getting loose or injured.
He is about 6 1/2-7 inches, is he too small for those reptile harnesses?
Any recommended ones?
Thank you! :mrgreen:

(On a side note since I posted in behavior, He is scared of getting baths. I've only tried twice and the second try he started puffing his beard out a bit. I'm making sure the water is shallow and lukewarm, leave my hand under him for footing. Anything I can do to help him like them?)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try making a custom harness for him out of yarn or parachute cord. If he's just going to be near you the whole time, you could keep him in a playpen of some sort as well. As for the baths, it can take some time for them to get used to it. Some like them, others don't. Don't push it too hard on him and cause a lot of stress but keep trying once in a while and he may start to get used to them in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom