Beardie Always Running From ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, So I have an about 9 month old girl Beardie named Leo. I try and hold her every day if not twice a day. I give her baths 2-3 times a week, and try and pay as much attention to her as possible. Lately when I have been holding her, all she wants to do is RUN! She used to be chill, hang out, then maybe bolt. But lately all she wants to do is get as far away from me as possible. I've tried holding her till she stops squirming and then putting her down, that usually lasts a couple seconds to mins, but then she goes back at it! Running away from me as we speak. I don't know if she just wants explore, and there is nothing against me and this is typical beardie behavior or what so I am asking. Also, on a side note....do any of you have problems with your beardie going to the bathroom on you?! She loves to do it to me...Any advice helps, thanks in advance!

Zuzu

Does she seem afraid of you or agressive? If not, she probably wants to explore. My beardie does the same, he will sit nice some days but he loves to run around and explore! What Leo is doing sounds normal.

I've only had Eren poop on me once, but he's also pooped on my mother. Warmth will help bearded dragons poop, so it's probably the warmth from your body. Before you handle her you can try giving her a warm bath first and see if she goes.

mastermoche

Original Poster
She's never aggressive with me, only puffed up me once and bit me only once (it was on accident, she was trying to eat a rubber band and I was trying to get it from her. Haha). I figured she was just trying to explore, just looking to see if anyone else has the same problem.

I've tried giving her a soak before holding her and TWICE now she has pooped after soaking. I unfortunately think she just likes to poop on me...

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Poop gets cleaned up quickly if she poops on you, lol! Seriously, dragons are smart animals, and most tend to be careful about how clean they are - Tsam will often wait until he's outside, and poop somewhere obvious so we can clean it up for him. Most of them now wait until it's time for their bath!

I recommend getting a small pet harness, and putting something like a large, colourful feather on the end of the leash. That way, where-ever she goes, she'll have a big bright arrow pointing her out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom