Carl is home! Foster uodate

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Carl is home! Foster uodate

Postby NBGwen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:58 am

Apparently, Carl has been fed collard greens and pellets. The person who fostered him until today said he LOVES crickets, I've also discovered he loves butter worms. I suspect he's going to love any moving insect. He's already gained weight since coming into care and I hope to expand on that. Also, he's NINE YEARS OLD! That blew my mind. *edit - his tail did have a previous injury, not sure how though, he's a gorgeous citrus colour, was dehydrated but much better, and has NO other apparent health issues. Yay Carl!

Carl taking it in
[Click image to enlarge]

Nom nom nom
[Click image to enlarge]

Bonus shot - Charlie accidentally saw Carl (I was picking him up and failed to realize until his head swung around), so he got mommy snuggles, but was still miffed -
[Click image to enlarge]
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Carl is home! Foster uodate

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:39 am

Glad Carl is home-- I would ditch the pellets and start w/ fresh greens
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby NBGwen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:41 am

Exactly. I've never used pellets and don't plan to lots of fresh foods for my boys
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 am

Yay! Hope he settles in well and I'm sure he's gonna love fresh foods! 😋
-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 am

NBGwen wrote: Also, he's NINE YEARS OLD! That blew my mind.

Wow. From the pics he looks the same size as my 5 mo. old. Hard to tell size from the pics w/o a reference; got any length/weight measurements yet?

Best of luck; sounds good so far. :)
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 am

Haha, that Charlie pic is great. He does look a bit bothered by Carl doesn't he lol!

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby Claudiusx » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:26 am

Moved by Moderator from General to Beardie Tales
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby NBGwen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 am

MrSpectrum wrote:
NBGwen wrote: Also, he's NINE YEARS OLD! That blew my mind.

Wow. From the pics he looks the same size as my 5 mo. old. Hard to tell size from the pics w/o a reference; got any length/weight measurements yet?

Best of luck; sounds good so far. :)

Carl's a little over 400 grams, Charlie is about 530 and he's not been eating as much as normal so that's low for Charlie. Carl is definitely underweight, but has a wicked appetite! So, I'm not that concerned, definitely will be having baths on the regular to get him hydrated. Charlie hates baths - he has a fountain dish in his enclosure and loves it, so he rarely gets in a tub unless he poos on himself lol

claudiusx wrote:Haha, that Charlie pic is great. He does look a bit bothered by Carl doesn't he lol!

-Brandon

You should have see Charlie this morning! I realized (belatedly) that Charlie could see Carl from his enclosure (it's lower than Carl's). I had to put a box in front of Carl's enclosure as Charlie was head bobbing and Carl was starting to wave. I don't want my boys stressed out! I'm going to be moving around the furniture so that the enclosures are stacked, so there's no chance they will see each other from their enclosures.
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:55 am

He looks a little skinny but generally pretty good! It's a really good sign that he is eating on his own and has a good appetite.
CooperDragon

Postby NBGwen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:35 am

CooperDragon wrote:He looks a little skinny but generally pretty good! It's a really good sign that he is eating on his own and has a good appetite.

I was surprised at how good he looked considering how he was raised and that video! All things considered, I hope he lives to double his age :) <3 Oh - that blanket in that first picture...that's his blankie...not kidding <3
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Hey! So how's Carl doing now? Eating well etc? Just wondered how he's settling in. 🤗
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby NBGwen » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:45 pm

DragonPete wrote:Hey! So how's Carl doing now? Eating well etc? Just wondered how he's settling in. 🤗
-Dee

He eats bugs like a pig! Not a smuggler, but not bad at being held. I've already talked to the SPCA about being a foster fail 🤣 I love him. Going to build the boys bigger homes in the spring with no reflective surfaces. Carl bobs at himself and he doesn't need any stress. He poops great. All in all, a success I think.
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:51 pm

NBGwen wrote:
DragonPete wrote:Hey! So how's Carl doing now? Eating well etc? Just wondered how he's settling in. 🤗
-Dee

He eats bugs like a pig! Not a smuggler, but not bad at being held. I've already talked to the SPCA about being a foster fail 🤣 I love him. Going to build the boys bigger homes in the spring with no reflective surfaces. Carl bobs at himself and he doesn't need any stress. He poops great. All in all, a success I think.

Glad to hear he's doing well.🤗 Nothing wrong with being a foster FAIL. That's why I've never even tried to foster. 😉 Keep us updated occassionaly. Always love to hear happy stories. ❤
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby NBGwen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:06 am

So, I started feeding the boys just plain old mixed field greens (I watch for spinach) - Carl LOVES IT! He ate it all up! It's a start! It's so funny how individual they are - Charlie can't be bothered to chase crickets, Carl LOVES his crickets. Charlie loves his worms, Carl barely looks at them :lol:
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 am

NBGwen wrote:So, I started feeding the boys just plain old mixed field greens (I watch for spinach) - Carl LOVES IT! He ate it all up! It's a start! It's so funny how individual they are - Charlie can't be bothered to chase crickets, Carl LOVES his crickets. Charlie loves his worms, Carl barely looks at them :lol:

Just like your human kids, can be different as night and day! 😲
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Beardie Tales