Charlie's escapages

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Charlie's escapages

Postby NBGwen » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:25 am

Ma dude Charlie has been a new beardie since his enclosure doors started staying open! He hates pooping in his enclosure and my husband now bemoans the wee spots left by our intrepid explorer :lol:

[Click image to enlarge]

I was worried about our feline inhabitants, and canine...but no fear here. A rare moment when Charlie ISN'T chasing Spice away from his choice spots. Yes, I said Charlie chases Spice, and Sugar (the two cats), and has even put the boots to Bishop - our 80lbs shep/rottie mix. :mrgreen: I have no worries about Charlie being out and about. The most interaction that the others have with him - the cats love his water dish (no idea why...).

[Click image to enlarge]

Hope everyone is having a great day! It's supposed to be Spring here, but I think Winter has leaked in...we're expecting a big storm today! :shock:
"I want the freedom to carve and chisel my own face, to staunch the bleeding with ashes, to fashion my own Gods from my entrails." - Gloria Anzualdua
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Charlie's escapages

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:32 am

I'm glad to see he's able to get out and spend some time in the sun spots! Does he scoot across the floor as the sun position changes throughout the day?
CooperDragon

Postby NBGwen » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm

CooperDragon wrote:I'm glad to see he's able to get out and spend some time in the sun spots! Does he scoot across the floor as the sun position changes throughout the day?

He actually usually heads for the back door to look outside lol! But we've found him in almost every room upstairs either in a sun spot or hiding for a snooze! My husband, who is not a reptile person, has actually grown quite fond of Charlie and worries about him now 😊 Resistance is futile 🤣

When we move, I plan on building Charlie a ramp to the front window with heat lamp and all. The house we hope to get does not have patio doors like we do right now, so I am sure he'd love a sunny platform.
"I want the freedom to carve and chisel my own face, to staunch the bleeding with ashes, to fashion my own Gods from my entrails." - Gloria Anzualdua
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Yeah the ramp is a good idea. I want to build something like that for Darwin too but don't have enough room for it. He also tries to dash out the kitchen door, even in winter! :lol:
CooperDragon

Postby NBGwen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:48 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Yeah the ramp is a good idea. I want to build something like that for Darwin too but don't have enough room for it. He also tries to dash out the kitchen door, even in winter! :lol:

Charlie window surfs the back patio door all the time. Hot or cold, it doesn't matter a lick!
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales