Smaug the Magnificent... Afraid of fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he really loves his greens even though he’s probably around 3 or 4 months. I’ve usually added a treat to see if he wants it but he always picks out his collard greens from it. First I tried carrots, then strawberry and watermelon but he just show disinterest for it. Today I tried bits of canalope, he ate all the greens so I held a little piece to him and he licked it. He totally ran away looking sour about it. I’ve only had him for a week but he’s quite a character.

Hey there! Sounds like a healthy eater regardless of the fruit thing. If your dragon is only 3 or 4 months old, greens and fruits shouldn’t be too much of a concern right now. You want to be feeding your dragon about 80% protein from crickets, dubia roaches and occasional wax worms all dusted in calcium. Keep the worms to a minimum however as they are high in fat content and you want your beardie to get his protein! Like I said earlier, at this stage it’s all about live feed, greens should make up the other 20% of his diet. (Kale, mustard greens, squash) if you really want him to try fruit, try apples! (Sliced thin and small with NO skin!!) my beardie wouldn’t eat fruits or veggies until I introduced him to apples inside of his greens and now he loves it. Try orange or red fruits as they are visually appealing to your dragon. If all else fails, if he’s a big big eater then another thing you can try (and has worked for me as well) is putting your live feed inside of his fruit or veggie bowl. This will give him a better chance at *accidentally* snagging a piece of fruit or two. Hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom