So I got Otto a new home and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally upgraded Otto's home from a 20 gallon to a 40 gallon. I would have bought bigger but there are none larger for sale in the area. Otto was getting FAR too big for his old home and thus I made the move.

My poor boy is so confused in his new home and got so upset that his beard was black for a good 20 min while I was holding him. Problem came I think partly because the place is new and partly because I had not put any wall paper up on it yet. I had to stop for dinner and BOY did he get upset.

His old home had 3 sides covered with sparkly snow flaked pattern wrapping paper, taped outside, and I think this gave him a sense of security. So I still have to put up the new wrapping paper but I'm trying to calm him down before I start that part.

Here's a photo of what the new place looks like atm:
full

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

The Cage looks good for the most part... Except the red bulb. Please take it out and toss it in the trash because they are garbage and can do more harm than good. It can cause eye issues and disrupt their sleep patterns.

Also is there any way to rig the UVB Light Underneath The screen? Screen mesh blocks out about 40% of the UVB that is emitted from the light. I Have two beardies with tanks that have UVB lights and fixtures underneath the screen. I Used pipe cleaners. You could also use zip ties. I Will try to post a picture of how I rigged it under the screen to give you an example. Also make sure that there is no plastic covering over the bulb itself because that will block 100% of the UVB emitted.

But aside from that it's looking good! :D

-HippieLizards.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's the 36x18x18 Exo Terra? Those are nice. I have one too. I do suggest using a T5 UVB light if you aren't already. I also agree with removing the red light for basking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom