He knows how to get what he wants..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Otto is growing up quickly. Just under 17 inches nose to end of tail. He's a big boy. This big boy has learned how to get exactly what he wants, in regard with out time.

Otto paces at his door and will rub his nose up against the glass as he does so. If I ignore him he will get upset and start having a black beard. He actually gets pissy if I don't take him out when he wants it.

So I've given in and probably shouldn't. As of late he wants to spend FAR more time out than in. Sometimes he lets me put him on my chest/shoulder and will sit nicely. Other times it's like a kid who had too much candy. I've tried allowing him on the floor, watched carefully, but he doesn't seem to like this much.

I really want a Bearded Dragon wheel, so he could run his energy out on it. It is amusing, however, that he wants out so much. Never would have imagined him attempting to run the schedule but he does.

I honestly am at a loss as to how to get all that built up energy out with him. Exploring doesn't work, as he hates being on the floor/tables. Running hand ladders is all I've been able to do and it doesn't wear him out. Yep he's reached the toddler phase of his life. He can run, he can get what he wants and throws fits if he doesn't. Who needs a human baby when a bearded dragon acts the same?

I'm wishing he'd sit calmly on my chest/shoulder for longer time periods but he has ants in his non pants. I'm gonna video tape his next pissy fit and post.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep …. he's got you trained ….

I often wonder who is the pet …. the skink / dragon or the human / slave / pet.

They work out us humans pretty fast and learn very quickly how to manipulate us and get what the want from us.

Wait til his hormone kick in and starts doing embarisingly inappropriate things when he takes a fancy to shoes, socks, cushions, kids toys (he encounters on the floor) and is REALLY full of beans.

But …. fear not …. even he will settle down and become a lazy laid back smooger who lives for snuggles and loves to just chill on the lounge or bed next to you , then you'll be missing your little livewire , adventurer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom