Harley (aka Moody), new life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here we are.. first time ever having a reptile of any kind and immediately loving our little Thor (we assume lol). I discovered this place and I am sure glad I did or I am sure everything would have gone south.

We got him from Petsmart (NOW I know lol) on 6/16/17. He is/was a tiny thing and my best guess put him about 6 weeks old? Of course i had everything wrong for him but thank god I am a complete Amazon junkie so immediately started ordering.

Thank you to Coopersdragon and Gorgamon for helping me throughout the first week!!

Without any further mom babbling.... here is the man of the hour and his setup... which will be changing :)

92774-6067515053.jpg

92774-3637967389.jpg

92774-4107692144.jpg

More pics coming :) need to upload them!!

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So some do trim them very slightly but as babies I don't think i would. I researched that the slate tile will keep them filed down so that will be my next thing as she gets older lol

Soooooooooo my husband went a little carried away on her viv today ??? I can't even describe...

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kelliebeth":a1df1p5m said:
Your setup is so fantastically awesome!! I wondered because she keeps falling off of her tree...a little worrisome!

Omg it is much crazier now lol my hubby did most of this so I will have to watch and make sure it doesn't flip out ??

92774-1719840370.jpg

92774-8200424439.jpg

OMG :lol: Love it. Are all repti sun lights created equal? I asked on my thread or whatever they call it and no one has responded. Lol

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I see T8, T5HO and the arcadia 12% recommended... I got a T8 since this tank isn't the final one and it is smaller. Once I get the final tank, then I will upgrade to the T5.

I got mine in Amazon... but I am an Amazon junkie ??

You and I both girl! Lol. I bought cricket food in bulk and saved a TON! Thank you!!! I'll get the zoo med repti sun then

I'm sorry, I swear I won't take over your post but....I went on Amazon to buy the tube light, but it looks like it's just the light. Does it come with some sort of holder to mount with or is this separate? I didn't see one on Amazon, but did see a hood with a bulb that goes on top of the mesh.

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No worries!!!

For T5 try Sunblaster 904296 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture Reflector Combo

For T8 the one I got is: Zilla Reptile Slimline Reptile Lighting Fixture with UVB Lamp, 18-Inches

I bought the bulbs separately..

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well yesterday was weigh & measure and she is starting to thrive now!!

Weight: 18g!!
Length: 7in

This week we have learned:

1. Roaches are her preferred food. Tried to give crickets one day and she stared at me like I was the devil, turned her nose up and walked away lol

2. She has started to eat some greens (very little) but still happy she has a sample every now and then.

I found this on craigslist and am debating on getting it for her 5 x 2 x 2 for $150

92774-8113967869.jpg

And we found another sleeping pic ??

92774-7645046925.jpg

And the cricket snub ??

92774-9378145504.jpg

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Harley passed away on Thursday July 20. We don't know what happened. We went on Vacation Tuesday and had a friend come stay at the house to sit and take care of the animals. He said he fed her and checked on her an hour later and that was it ??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's so sad. I wonder what happened. I know how tough it is to lose a dragon quickly like that =(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom