Meridia's New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a beardie owner for almost a month now, and her behavior is so interesting to me and my boyfriend! I just rearranged her tank with some new items to better suit feeding and basking. She almost instantly figured out that to get down to her feeding area, she needs to walk across her rock ledge and down to the corner of her hammock, hopping down to the floor. I wrapped a box in cricket proof material to make an elevated ledge on the side with reptile carpet hanging over the side, and she does the cutest little hop onto the carpet to climb up to her basking branches. Another thing that fascinates me is that since I rearranged, she ALWAYS climbs down to the feeding area to poop instead of messing her branches or hammock! What a smart little girl! And I just learned today to leave her the hell alone when she's shedding. I put her on my chest while laying back on the bed and got my face scratched! I know she didn't mean it. I know better now lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear she's settling in well and you're picking up on her preferences and mannerisms. It's fun to bond and learn about your individual dragon over time. It sounds like she enjoys the changes you're making. I think you'll wind up making minor tweaks now and then to adjust for her preferences and as you gain more knowledge and that's a good thing.

Hellcat817

Original Poster
I have yet to figure out what her lip smacking means, whether it's misting or she wants hand fed. She doesn't seem too interested in eating right now during a full body shed so I give her 6 or 7 crickets while she basks, but her lip smacking stops if I mist her! I'm excited to learn more about her and her unique personality as she grows. She's still just a juvenile and we haven't bonded too much yet. I don't want to stress her out by handling her too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom