New baby beardie hasn't eaten in two days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I purchased a Beardie from a local pet store and found out it was less than a month old and he's not eating and hasn't eaten since sunday! When I first got my other beardie, she was eating fine but I'm not sure about this little guy... Please help!!!
I don't know how long the little guy can go without food.. D:

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
Chances are he is just going through relocation stress. Most babies go through it when moved to a new home.

Just to be sure, please answer a few questions about his set up. What type of UV light are you using? How hot is his basking spot? What type of thermometer are you using to measure his temps? Also, what are you feeding him and how often?

Most babies will start eating within a week if their habitat is correct.

XxReptileGrlxX

Original Poster
Here goes:

What type of UV light are you using?
I use a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube bulb

How hot is his basking spot?
About 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit

What type of thermometer are you using to measure his temps?
A ZooMed temperature probe

What are you feeding him and how often?
I try to feed him crickets three times a day, but he refuses. I also put some really small pieces of greens in a bowl.

Trogdor_1

Juvie Member
Sounds like everything is perfect for the little guy. :)

I definately think that it is relocation stress. You can try slowing down the crickets by putting them in the fridge for a few minutes. It will make them easy for him to catch them. If possible, you could pick up some pheonix worms for him, too. You could put those in a bowl and he could find them on his own.
Keep handling to a minimum until his eating picks up. It will keep his stress levels down. However, try to give him a short bath today since he hasn't been eating. Soak him for maybe ten minutes in luke warm water to help rehydrate him.
He should start eating on his own soon. Let me know if you need anymore help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom