PLEASE HELP! MARLEY's LEGS ARE BEING STRANGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coragurl

I'm really worried about my beardie. She's about a year and a half, and ive had her since sept. The last week or so I have not seen her eat or move much, and simply chopped it up to burmation. But this evening when i took her out she would just lay there.....and when she did try and use her back legs are were uncoordinated and not working correctly! She can still use them...and they don't appear to be broken or bent....but she has never acted this way before and i am super worried! I was concerned about impaction, but she just went shortly after I took her out. She has still been passing stool, so she must be eating some of the veggies and fruit when i'm not looking?

What should I do? please help!

~Cora

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Cora,

How long has she been "brumating" for?
Do you keep a basking light on in case she comes out & wants to eat a little bit? They normally do not eat much during the brumation phase because they are slown down & don't digest well with being cooler.
Do you have a UVB light for her? What type & brand is it, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? What type of basking light are you using? Do you use calcium?
If she was really cold, then she would have been a little sluggish & seemingly uncoordinated. Though, there are things that can cause that, such as metabolic bone disease, dehydration, & high parasite counts. If she doesn't seem right to you I would recommend taking her in for a fecal & maybe a blood test just to make sure she is ok.
I have experienced that with one of mine. He recently came out of brumation & was really lethargic for a few days. He kind of wobbled around a little bit, because he had been slown down for awhile. He ran a little slow too, but after a week or so he was fine.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom