help with my beardie! 8 yr old Mer'lyn passed away today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlyndragon

Mer'lyn is 8 years old, and we have never had any issues with him. He has not eaten in the past week, and seems sick. We woke up this morning, and he had some blood in his stool, and has lost most of his colour, however it does look like he might be starting to shed a bit. His beard is quite black. He seems to have no energy and is just laying on his basking spot. We gave him his usual bath time, and he had a bit of energy, but would not stand up on his own. We have called several vets, and no one in the surrounding area takes beardies. So if someone has some advice, please help!!!

jfm08

Hatchling Member
well you said he was sick sounding and the Beard being black really makes me think he is sick.... i would honestly ask Drache613 about it she knows alot, i have grown to trust what she says

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I know we have talked a bit via PM but thought I would come onto your thread to get more information as well. :D
Can you give a little more information on your setup.
Are you using any UVB lighting, & if so, what type & brand are you using? A flourescent tube bulb, a compact or coil light? What type of basking light are you using? How old is your UVB light?
Do you use calcium supplementation? If so, how often?
What types of food do you feed him? Does he eat greens & veggies?
When you saw blood in his stool, did he appear to have to strain when he went to the bathroom?
What type of substrate is he on?
If his beard is darkened, he is in some type of distress, or pain. How long has his beard been dark for?

Tracie

Merlyndragon

Original Poster
Thank you, to answer your questions...
Yes UVB, repti glo 8.0 Exoterra, Flourensent tube, same brand we have always used, was replaced 2 months ago,
Basking light bulb is 150W Sun Glow Exoterra, same brand always used, was replaced 2 weeks ago.
Calcium dust we lightly cover crickets with
Always has fresh greens & veggies & fruits
I did see him strain a little bit two days ago, but seemed fine afterwards, and was his usual self.
Beard has been dark since this morning, we checked on him when we woke up, and thats when we saw the bloody stool, his lack
of colour and no energy. It is still black now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom