Beardies Head looks abnormal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galatea8

Hes about 5yrs old and has had this discoloration for about a month. I thought it was just normal shedding but it still hasnt gone away and baths haven't helped. Im not sure if it is yellow fungus, the pictures I've seen don't resemble what I seen on him. I have been cleaning the area with witch hazel for about a week now. Some of the whitish area did flake off almost like a shed but it is still discolored underneath. There is also 1 scale below the white arear that has a yellow color with a tiny black dot in it. It just showed up withing the past day or 2. Here is a pic, please let me know what you think. Unfortunatly Im also having a hard time finding a vet in my area that will see a berdie, apparently they only like dogs, cats, and birds here.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It just looks like a normal shed to me though. Is this the first time that color was showing through after a shed? He still has shed on the top of his head though that should come off pretty soon.
I would keep a close eye on it as treating it with witch hazel wont hurt him any.

Tracie

wizbee

Juvie Member
The one scale on top of his head that is different is probably his periaital eye that helps them sense heat. I don't know if witch hazel is good for beardies? ANyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom