VERY SMALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekka

someone pls help me, okay i have 2 bearded dragons, they are housed together, and i bought them together at the same time, they are both the same age, but Kiwi is VERY small, she looks like a dwarf BD..

because Paul is almost double her size and they both are the same age.. is that normal, or is there something wrong with kiwi??

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
First let me say welcome to the world of beardie slavedom. Love her name, Kiwi, sounds cute. :D Her problem is probably simple. Beardies are solitary creatures once they pass a few weeks old. She is most likely stressed from being in the tank with another dragon. If you feed them together Paul is probably hogging the food too, adding to Kiwi's stress. I bet if you give her her own place you will see a happier healthier dragon. If you can't find another tank right away at least feed them seperatly. That will help a bit. Pet stores are always telling folks they can be housed together. We all wish they would stop doing that. It would save a lot of problems for a lot of beardies. Good luck with your new friends. If you need more info, just ask.

Sandy H

jekka

Original Poster
awh thank you soo much!! :):)

also, i have been feeding them crickets, but, i tried to give them mealworms, and they threw them up. :S:S

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Sandy pretty much said it all they do need to be seperated especially now that there is a size differance but to answer your mealworms question.They are not very good for beardies.They are difficult to digest due to the high chitin they contain.Its just better to not give them these as even if they can keep them down they run a high risk of impaction.Stick to the crix but you can also add soft bodied feeders like Phoenix worms,silks or butters.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Please Please Please separate them!! The same exact thing happened to me. I bought two beardies, housed them together and quickly noticed that one of them was not growing at all. I separated them but you can still see the difference. The smaller one is only half the size of the other and it seems the smaller one will always have eating problems. I wish so much that I would have known not to house them together before I bought them :(

jekka

Original Poster
omgosh!!!... so i should seperate the two?. im just scared because i've heard stories that when they are separated after being together since they were little, will result in the BD turning on you, and getting stressed out, and not eating?? is that true??

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
jekka":bdf7a said:
omgosh!!!... so i should seperate the two?. im just scared because i've heard stories that when they are separated after being together since they were little, will result in the BD turning on you, and getting stressed out, and not eating?? is that true??
Yes you should seperate them and yes for a very temporary period(1-2 weeks) you may get a little attitude and loss of appetite from the dominant one but this will happen no matter what you change in the tank.Its a simple case of relocation stress not of missing eachother.In the long run they will both be better off.Tough Love! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom