vomiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilkinous

Nearly every time my beardie drinks water, she violently vomits it back up. She then turns white for a few minutes from the aftershock, but goes about her regular business. I don't know what to do! I didn't even know beardies could vomit until mine did! I've been giving her baths so that she has some sort of water in her system. She's eating fine and acting happy. WTF???

It's been going on a while, so I've been careful to give her only a small amout of water at a time, but when I bath her, she goes and drinks the water and is vomiting a few minutes later.

She eats powdered crix, romain lettuce, sometimes cucumbers, other greens, beardie pellets, and occasionally mealworms. Her tank is a bit small, but I'm about to move her to a larger one (over twice the size). The heat and UV are fine.

She's also been unusually active recently. I know it's brumation time, and my other beardie is as slow as a slug. She's constantly trying to claw her way out of the cage, and when I do let her out, she just stays in one place.

Any knowledge as to what might be wrong?

jekka

honestly you know what, my bearded dragon does the same thing, but after it eats mealworms:S..

i don't know what that means??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you giving water with a dropper or is she drinking on her own? Sometimes if they drink too fast they can somewhat choke on it, or aspirate some causing them to gag or vomit it up somewhat.

Tracie

Quilkinous

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I'll get a slower supply of water to her with a dropper. How often do you think I should give her water? The dropper only holds about 5-7 mL of water.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today? You can just give water once or maybe twice daily. The 5-7 ml dropper is perfectly fine, that is plenty.
I hope she is doing better now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom