Angel - for those who wanted to see pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraston

I'm sorry i cant get him while hes in his natural colors...

the only time hes actually light orange/tan is when hes jammed in his corner :?

This is right after i gave him his water...wich he went crazy for actually for the first time ever...i think the worms i just gave him aren't being very nice in his tummy.

yes the quality sux...my the Razr is not a good camera phone...period =|.

Eraston

Original Poster
Good question, his mouth has been like that for a long time, i've touched it and its never bothered him what so ever.

i remember i posted about it a long time ago before i found this site again and never got a response.

I think its because he liked to lick him self ALOT...and imean ALOT so i guess it just formed w/ the preasure.

Eraston

Original Poster
i bealive so.

See when i got Angel, the stupid petstore didnt tell me i had to get ANYTHING...they didnt tell me about his vitamins...they didnt tell me about his crickets or worms...instead they told me to buy a tank, a heat lamp, some bottled food wich he wouldnt even look at and some dead crickets in a can wich he wouldnt go near for anything.

so i was off to a very rough start with him, until i found these forums

Eraston

Original Poster
right now i got his tank bigger, i forget what size but its perfect for his size right now and i will replace it as soon as im back on my feet w/ a bigger one. He has his UVB and Heat lamps and plants himself right under those suckers almost all day long.

Right now he's eating Crickets/Worms/Greens (i dust his greens w/ vitamis...is it safe to dust his worms? =|)

i rly hope this isnt serious...i've been worrying for him enough lately.

is ther anyway to open his mouth safely or would i need a vet to do it...he fights me when i try to softly so i stopped trying. scares me.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Im sorry for asking yet more questions but what brand of UV light do you have - is it a tube, a coil/compact? How old is it?

You mentioned you use vitamins to ust his crix but do you also use a separate calcium supplement?

Eraston

Original Poster
a separate calcium? no i didnt know i had to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
his UVB i forgot the brand but its coil, not a tube.

and please ask, cuz its for my beardies safety and health so any and ALL the questions u want.

MissT

BD.org Addict
The brand should be written on the uv tube but in this case it doesnt really matter - coil lights are no good and have been known to have many ill effects on beardies including eye problems and general health problems. You need to switch the coil light off as it will do more harm than good. ASAP you will need to get him a repti-SUN 10.0 tube bulb OR, even better, a Mercury Vapour Bulb - such as the MegaRay, T-Rex Active UV or even the Power sun but you will need a minimum of a 40gallon breeder tank.

You also need to get some separate calcium for him - I believe the brand is Repcal calcium with D3 (for the flourescent tubt) or Repcal calcium without D3 (for the mercury vapour bulb) You will need to give him this 5 days per week and vitamins 2 days per week (just dust 1 feeding per day). It does look like angel as Metabolic Bone Disease (but I am in no way qualified to diagnose this) so a trip to the vet (a herp vet) for some liquid calcium and general advice would be a great idea. Does he have any movement problems with his legs etc?

How much does he eat in terms of both live foods and veggies and what does his diet mainly consist of?

Im going to ask a moderator if they can move this topic to a more appropriate part of the forum!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, you do need to get him to a vet for a bloodtest, but just looking at him, I will guarantee you that he has Metabolic bone disease. I would inquire about liquid calcium, too as that absorbs much better than the powdered type.
As suggested, the coil bulbs do not emit much if any UVB light & will leave your dragon vulnerable to hypocalcemia. The lights suggested are all great, so you are going to need to decide which one you are going to want to get & go ahead & get that ordered as soon as you can.
The Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb you can get from http://www.petmountain.com
What sized tank do you have?
Is Angel eating much on his own at all? I would be careful trying to feed him with a syringe unless he will lick food off of the end of his nose. His bones are probably soft & you could injure him.

Tracie

Eraston

Original Poster
oh dear, im so worried now.

to answer some questions, No, his legs seem fine...he moves like a rabbit and he looks thin only because i hadn't fed him yet and he had dropped his eatings...hes usually not that thing...it was just at that moment.

Stupid petshop didnt tell me ANY OF THIS what so ever.

I will try and get a tube a.s.a.p...things are so tough right now with money so this is gonna be a big stress mark for me...

He also does eat like a champ on his own, the only thing i ever feed him (sometimes) is his worms only because they like to spread all over the place when i put them w/ him and i have to go on a worm hunt in the sand...(not fun.)

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
don't be worried! i'm sure everything will be fine!

did you get any of the calcium powder? also, where are you located? maybe there is someone on the site who can help you that's close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom