Limping baby beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagndsg

Last night my husband was feeding our beardie's. Our baby beardie had one last cricket left in his tank and he was hunting it.. Well all of a sudden when he went to eat it, he just stopped and frozed up, putting his back to the cricket.. then he moved and he was hurt.. hubby said it looked like he bit his tongue but then he was limping.. so he moved up to his log and just layed there.. he has never ever ever just left a cricket in his tank.. he is very into eating.. as the nite went on.. he would barely moved..

Today when I put fresh lettuce in his bowl.. he didn't move and he is normally hauling butt to his food bowl when I feed him.. When hubby got home he picked him up to look at him and he looks nothing out of the ordinary.. other than the tip of his tongue is black.. so while we had him out we hand fed him some lettuce and took a syringe to give him some water.. he seems to be going lathargic.. since we have put him back into his tank he has slowly but surely moved back up onto his log.. someone has suggested that maybe the cricket bit him? but why would the tip of his tongue go black? unless he bit it the same time the cricket bit him? I am in the united states.. almost 8pm and it is thanksgiving tomorrow and we only have one vet that works on reptiles here and i guarantee he will not be back open until monday morning.. and he has no emergency phone.. he is about 9 months old.. we are not new to handling beardies and taking care of them.. so we are really needing some advice.. could it be possible that the cricket hurt him? and will that cause him to die? or get an infection? what can i use at home to help him until we can get him to the vet? please help... we are so worried about him..

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hi - that doesn't sound good. If I were u I'd re-post this in the ER section - those guys are really good & replies are pretty fast. All the best hey!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved by Moderator from Website Comments to Beardie ER - for more attention and replies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom