Help why did he do this? He did it again this morning:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Bee

I picked up my beardy today and just went to try to get him to eat. which he didn't have any thing to eat. But he started to shack his head then spit liquid and 3 old meal worms out. Meal worms is what was in his cage when I picked him up at noon. It is now 8pm here.

I just got up to turn on his UVB and basking light and he went off his rock and started shacking his head and spit out 12 meal worms from yeasterday. :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
It is possible he may be impacted as having difficulty digesting the mealies.Truthfully I would never feed mealies because of these risks.Is this all he eats?When was his last poop?What are his temps and how/where are you measuring them?

2Bee

Original Poster
I just got him today. His temps have been 99-103 Im trying to get it to stay in one temp. Im measuring it with a indoor outdoor probe. I have crix for him to eat. That is what I put by his face when he started spitting out the meal worms that where at the dealers place. but it was 8 hours ago. Im I doing something wrong. That he did that? :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
2Bee":7492e said:
I just got him today. His temps have been 99-103 Im trying to get it to stay in one temp. Im measuring it with a indoor outdoor probe. I have crix for him to eat. That is what I put by his face when he started spitting out the meal worms that where at the dealers place. but it was 8 hours ago. Im I doing something wrong. That he did that? :(
Ok first relax you couldnt have done too much wrong in a day :wink: .When he spit out the mealies did he still try an eat the crix?Did he poop for you yet?Where is the probe and how long has it been there?What type of substrate is he on and what was he on?How old/big is he?What type of uvb specifically does he have?

2Bee

Original Poster
vickson420":99518 said:
2Bee":99518 said:
Ok first relax you couldnt have done too much wrong in a day :wink: .When he spit out the mealies did he still try an eat the crix?Did he poop for you yet?Where is the probe and how long has it been there?What type of substrate is he on and what was he on?How old/big is he?What type of uvb specifically does he have?

Nope he had no intrest in eating. I have the probe on the basking rock. The probe has been there since I got him. Im trying to figure out how to keep a certain temp it has been between 103-99 degrees. Nope no poop He was in sand but now he is on non-adhesive shelf liner. He was hatched in late Aug. His uvb light is a Repisun 10.0 im not sure the spelling on that one.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok so far so good.I would like you to give him a warm bath in just water filled up to his "armpit" area for 20 minutes and while he in there gently massage his abdomen from the armpit down toward the vent see if you feel any big lumps and also this may get him to poop so we can rule out impaction.Dont get too worried about anything yet come back after you have done this and let me know what happened.Its not uncommon for them not to eat alot either for the first few days.Lets just take it one step at a time.

2Bee

Original Poster
vickson420":e8522 said:
Ok so far so good.I would like you to give him a warm bath in just water filled up to his "armpit" area for 20 minutes and while he in there gently massage his abdomen from the armpit down toward the vent see if you feel any big lumps and also this may get him to poop so we can rule out impaction.Dont get too worried about anything yet come back after you have done this and let me know what happened.Its not uncommon for them not to eat alot either for the first few days.Lets just take it one step at a time.

No poop, but no lumps either. When was in the water he felt more comfotable sitting on my hand. Im attached already. I hope that im just over reacting. Should I wait to feed him until the morning?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
No more food today let him settle in.What time do yoy plan on turning his lights on and off he needs a schedule.Where are you what time is it?

2Bee

Original Poster
Im in Wisconsin It is now 9:42 pm. Normaly Im thinking of shutting his lights off at 10 and then back on at 7am when my kids get up for school so I can have his body temp up before I feed him @9am before I go to work. Does that sound like a okay scedule. Oh then the UVB light and basking light will stay on when im at work. then at 2 pm when i get done I will give him his next feeding. They need 3 feeding crix plus greens right?

He does seem really alert. He will tilt his head when my kids go past. His marks on his belly went away when he was in the bath.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
2Bee":0885e said:
Im in Wisconsin It is now 9:42 pm. Normaly Im thinking of shutting his lights off at 10 and then back on at 7am when my kids get up for school so I can have his body temp up before I feed him @9am before I go to work. Does that sound like a okay scedule. Oh then the UVB light and basking light will stay on when im at work. then at 2 pm when i get done I will give him his next feeding. They need 3 feeding crix plus greens right?

He does seem really alert. He will tilt his head when my kids go past. His marks on his belly went away when he was in the bath.
Ok 7-9 is better you dont want lights on for more then 14 hours.For tonight just go ahead and shut them off at 10:00.Yes feedings 3xa day as many as he wants in 15 minutes per feeding.Do you have calcium and a multivit to dust the crix with?At his age he will need calcium 5xper week for 1 feeding daily and 2Xper week with a multi.Greens always offered and baths weekly at a minimum.You said you had the LINEAR reptisun 10 right?Not the coil or compact?

2Bee

Original Poster
vickson420":4b9f9 said:
2Bee":4b9f9 said:

Ok 7-9 is better you dont want lights on for more then 14 hours.For tonight just go ahead and shut them off at 10:00.Yes feedings 3xa day as many as he wants in 15 minutes per feeding.Do you have calcium and a multivit to dust the crix with?At his age he will need calcium 5xper week for 1 feeding daily and 2Xper week with a multi.Greens always offered and baths weekly at a minimum.You said you had the LINEAR reptisun 10 right?Not the coil or compact?

First I want to thank you for calming me down. And all your help It is really appricaited.

He has a Repti Glo 10.0 UVB desert terrarium lamp. 15W 45cm 18"

a couple more questions. Deja' keeps on laying on the probe. Which makes the probe temp go down. It is on the basking spot. Should i move it.

2Bee

Original Poster
also my house is set at 72 degrees. Should i turn it up at night. Even know I would sweet all night

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Nope on the basking spot is exactly where you want it.So you have the reptGLO?I am sorry I though you said reptiSUN.The reptiglo's are a little problematic any chance you might return it for a reptiSUN?Do you have a bright white bulb next to it?How close can he get to it?Temps are fine the tank can actually get to 65F at night before you need to worry.What about the vitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom