eating woodchips omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY 6 month bearded dragon began eating woodchips I dont know if she went after a cricket and misses and got a mouth full of wood chips or what but when i walked in she had them in her mouth and appeared to be consuming them i get the chips at work and they are all natural pine do u think she is going to be sick or die she dosent seem ill

PaulaB

Hatchling Member
I hope you don't have wood chips in her enclosure! You should not use wood chips as a bedding for them.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Okay well, this is not very good and I recommend getting rid of the wood chips right now it's not a good substrate at all. Just use some paper towel it works great.
This can be very dangerous for them as it might chew up their insides. I would recommend giving a little bit of olive oil and daily warm baths to get it out of the body. How big was the woodchip? Any idea?

cbslideguy

Original Poster
I had done some research and felt like an ***** becuase i know everything about the animal itself and felt bad but they are out of the cage and she is fine they were only in there for one day they seem to be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom