PINK poop. Pics.UPDATE:Now just passing water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chezza

Hi again!

Yeah, sorry if me last post was slightly confusing.

Elora is right, their poop should be a dark colour. When Ja Ja had probs, it was his urate that turned pink, but had red pieces of food undigested within the main poop!
When I first saw your pic, I just noticed the pink colour, and the pink looks like urate with no main poop. Hense, food can do that.

It's more the lack of main poop I would be worried about. If his main poop is that colour, then yes, I wouldn't think food could do that.

All I can say is that if he were my baby, i'd get him to the vet with a sample if poss so they can test it. They should be able to tell you what's going on and what can be done.

Good luck, and I hope he picks up!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Im massively worried and it looks like I might have to take her to the vet.
I live in a small town in northern england and im yet to find a vet whos had ANY experience with ANY lizards. Add that too me being a student with little cash you can see why im panicing!

Its just so bizarre that she is passing nothing but water, which is obviously bad, but yet is more happy and active than she has been in weeks.

Bleh :cry:

MissT

BD.org Addict
I had a problem with peach coloured urates a while back and remember being told it could be through dehydration or a problem with calcium absorption. That is just an idea though.... I would say, until you can get her or a sample to the vet, you should PM a moderator - Vickson420, Drache613 and Diamc are usually pretty active on here and great with answering confusing questions! PM one of them and hopefully they will be able to shed some light on the situation for you!

T

Chezza

Yeah, I know what you mean about finding decent reptile vets in the uk!! As for the bills, I find that insurance is pretty good. Luckily i've never had to use it, but you never know!

Sorry, I know, bit of a tangent! But worth thinking about, puts my mind at ease :wink: .

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Judah's uriates are sometimes pinky orange when he eats baby food sweet potatoes. He has also always shed water in excess of his urites, pretty much everytimes he poos it has a ring of water around it like what is shown. The excess water could just be from over hydration, the water that is not turned to uriates (The white part) is shed as extra water in the stool. Something more to worry about woudl be if the whole poo is sopey rather than firm poo. I would say that if she is not eating anything else right now but the babyfood there is nothing too solid to poo, babyfood has alot of water in it. Have you tried feeding her some BB chicken? Try to avoid too much sugary fruits right now like the peach and baby applesause. I know this is gross but do you have any feeder buggs you can grind up to feed in a syringe with some calcium?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi there,

She is actually dehydrated at the moment (showing divets behind her eyes). I'll definatly try grinding up bugs with calc + vits. She loathes being syringe fed but she'll just have to like it!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
oh no thats not good. If she is sheading excess water and is now dehydrated. :( You may want to put some pedita lite or some repta care in the mix too. She may have a kidey problem though if she is drinking alot of water in the bath and getting water from the babyfood and now she is dehydrated I would suspect something is up. :(

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ive ordered some repti-aid and today i syringed her some diluted gatorade.
She passed a little normal poop today. No urate though. I didnt find a big pool of water so hopefully thats a good sign.
Will be keeping a very close eye on her.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi there,
Sorry I think this is the only thread I forgot to update!

Dex laid 17 eggs two days ago! I was so shocked, because a month ago she exhibited pregnancy signs: big belly, digging, frantic energy. But after two whole weeks in a laybox and a few days at a reptile store she was having none of it, so id completely given up on the idea of her being pregnant.
Over a week after that (on sunday) i noticed she was staying in her hidebox all morning, which i thought was odd but I left her be, and she emerged about 3 hours later skinny as a rake and so I checked her box and there they were!

Some members have now informed me that the 'pink poop' was highly likely to be hormonal discharge just before she laid.

So now I have a super skinny girl on my hands who STILL has no apetite :[ so im back to syringing her babyfood laced with calc + vits and worrying out of my mind.

Sigh... that girl of mine does raise my bloodpressure x

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
oh wow! did she get fertial before you got her or at your place with one of your guys? Oh yeah I forgot they can lay infertal eggs without any male contact at all, never mind. :p So glade I have a male :lol: well, other than the lack of eating, it is good to know it is nothing major and she should be just fine once she gets hydrated and eats. I know I have read they need tons of vits because they expend so much energy and supps into egg laying. hey I dont know if they ship over to england but at reptilesupply.com they have these appetite stimulaters, one i was to so sure about because it has garilc and I thought garlic could be toxic to reptiles??? This other stuff is just a flavor inhancer and the smell stimulates them to eat. Any who check out the site I am sure that you may find this from a local suppler:

Manufacturer
JurassiPet
JurassiFruit Strawberry - 250ml

JurassiFruit is an all natural scented appetite stimulator. Our research has shown that many reptiles, primarily herbivores, are attracted to natural fruit scents/odors, such as strawberry. Simply spray JurassiFruit onto any food item to elicit a feeding response. Ideal for all reptiles, especially herbivores (tortoises & iguanas). Available in strawberry and banana scents. http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=188

I also believe Tracie was once talking about how Critical Care for reptiles can promote appetite and has alot of vits in it. So that mybe something youd wana look into as well. Good luck!
Stacey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom