PLEASE SOME ONE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

prnino3813

MY BABY BOY IS ONLY 4 TO 6 MNTHS OLD AND HES BEEN LYING DOWN FLAT WITH HIS LIMBS TWITCHING FOR A DAY AND A HALF HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS CRAMPING UP AND I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG WITH HIM PLEASE IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG WITH HIM PLEASE HELP :cry: :banghead:

lukenukem83

First off, what UVB bulb are you using, if any?

How long have you had him/her?

Have you been using calcium supplements with his/her food?

I would try contacting a vet asap, but until then, if he/she is still eating start pumping them full of calcium powder. If he/she is not eating then use this formula mixed with some calcium and force feed it:

chicken baby food (1 small can)
1 multivitamin
1 banana
1 can of vanilla ensure

Freeze what you don't use (a lot) in a ice cube tray and thaw out individual cubes to forcefeed with.

prnino3813

Original Poster
I AM USING A 60W HEAT BULB HAVE SOME CALCIUM POWDER I BOUGHT A PETS MART FOR DRAGONS IVE HAD HIM AND HIS SISTER FOR A MONTH HE JUST STARTED DOING THIS AFTER I FED THEM MEAL WORMS IVE ONLY FED THEM THAT FOR A DAY AND IT WAS ONLY 2 WORM EACH

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
They are not getting the necessary UVB lighting, and they probably shouldn't be eating mealworms. If they have been without UVB for that long, then it's very possibly something serious and you need to get to an exotic vet ASAP. Or find a member in your area who can take them and care for them.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry to hear your baby is not well. You need to get a uvb light ASAP, Repti-SUN 10.0 (NOT Repti -GLO) Also,what are your temps and how do you take them? His basking spot needs to be 105-110, not higher. His cool side should be around 80 ish. Round or stick on thermomiters can be as much as 20 degrees off. You can get an Accurite digital probe at Wal-Mart for $12-$15. They are great.
Also, meal worms can cause impaction in a baby. You might want to order some pheonix worms. They are really high in calcium and all dragons love them.
As lukenukem83 said ,please make a vet apointment. If you make a few changes now he should get better. I wish you well.

Sandy H

(please, could you turn off your caps lock)

Chubz

this is happening and you've only had them a month ? 60w bulb , no ubv, or proper heat output. How big is the cage your keeping them in ? and what substrate do you use ? what are the temps at ?

I would have done a little research before you took on 2 dragons. Best of luck to ya. i would get to the vet

prnino3813

Original Poster
Chubz":4dd81 said:
this is happening and you've only had them a month ? 60w bulb , no ubv, or proper heat output. How big is the cage your keeping them in ? and what substrate do you use ? what are the temps at ?

I would have done a little research before you took on 2 dragons. Best of luck to ya. i would get to the vet

IM USING A 60W NO UV GIVING THEM CRIKETS AND CALSIUM HIGH SPOT 95-100 COOL 85-90 AND AS FOR THE SUBTERATE IF IM RIGHT YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE SANDY GRAVEL THAT WAS FOR THEM AT THE STORE I HAVE TWO BUT ONLY ONE IS SICK

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
prnino3813":a2586 said:
I AM USING A 60W HEAT BULB HAVE SOME CALCIUM POWDER I BOUGHT A PETS MART FOR DRAGONS IVE HAD HIM AND HIS SISTER FOR A MONTH HE JUST STARTED DOING THIS AFTER I FED THEM MEAL WORMS IVE ONLY FED THEM THAT FOR A DAY AND IT WAS ONLY 2 WORM EACH

You cannot give them meal works while they are that small. Their outer shell is too hard to digest. It sound like he is impacted. Get him to a vet if you want him to live. If he makes it, fix his viv and get his proper lighting or he will never be healthy.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
lukenukem83":f9ba4 said:
First off, what UVB bulb are you using, if any?

Have you been using calcium supplements with his/her food?

I would try contacting a vet asap, but until then, if he/she is still eating start pumping them full of calcium powder. If he/she is not eating then use this formula mixed with some calcium and force feed it:

chicken baby food (1 small can)
1 multivitamin
1 banana
1 can of vanilla ensure

Freeze what you don't use (a lot) in a ice cube tray and thaw out individual cubes to forcefeed with.
Contacting a vet would be the best idea. Giving lots of calcium without a UVB light isn't a good idea and too much at one time can be dangerous.

Since reptiles can't digest dairy, feeding Ensure is not safe. Also, with a beardie that is not doing well, too much protein too fast could push them into shock or cause liver, kidney damage. The best thing to give at this point would be babyfood squash with a tiny amount of chicken babyfood, a little bit of water to thin the consistency and some Repti-Aid.

Since he is on sand that was bought at a petstore, it is probably either calci-sand or vita-sand which encourage them to lick it but it can cause a severe impaction. So, I suggest giving a nice warm bath (testing the water temp by the inside of your wrist) and making sure that the vent area (where he poos) is right down in the water for about 20 minutes. You can also massage the right side gently from armpit to vent area trying to move any hardened areas closer to his vent.

A vet visit is necessary because a calcium injection and/or a vitamin injection could help give him a boost. You need to get a UVB light asap also.

[Moved from General Discussion forum to ER as this is a critical situation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom