FOOT HAS TURNED STIFF AND GRAY

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

FOOT HAS TURNED STIFF AND GRAY

Postby LexiVendi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:03 am

Hey guys, so this is my first post on here because I am in desperate need of help with my beardie and I'm hoping that these beardie forums will be able to give some clue about what's going on. So he has mbd which might be a cause of this but I'm still not sure. What happened was last night, I was looking at him in his enclosure and I noticed his foot was completely gray but immediately I just thought he was shedding, but upon further look, I noticed that there were black specs on the gray area so I opened his cage in poked a little at it and I realized that his foot was rock solid, he couldn't move his toes, and his ankle seemed fused to the rest of his leg almost as if his foot is completely dead. I am scheduling a vet appointment soon but I'm hoping that some people who have experienced the same thing will be able to help me understand why or how this is happening because I'm very confused and scared for my beardies health.
LexiVendi
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: FOOT HAS TURNED STIFF AND GRAY

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:50 am

Please post a pic
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:30 am

Hello,

Goodness, that doesn't "sound" very good, but a picture would be helpful. I am not sure why
that would happen unless there is some type of injury or infection there.
When is his vet appointment?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 pm

Infections in the limbs of lizards take a LONG TIME to develop to become as severe as you describe , principally cause dragons have low metabolic rates and are cold blooded.

If this is an infection it's needed weeks to get to this stage - this dragon is critically ill & likely also has a systemic infection (blood poisoning) - a REPTILE VET assessment with xrays and bloods and small needle aspiration to examine under the microscope to see what germs are there, perhaps culture them to determine best treatment plan if it's not gone too far and an amputation is needed.

If this is an injury , it's possible this might have happened overnight and the swelling and stiffness is due to inflammation of the soft tissues , AGAIN - a REPTILE VET needs to assess ( Xrays ) to determine if
a) a sprain
b) a joint dislocation
c) any broken bones
b and c require resetting under a GA.

Your dragon WILL BE IN AGONY and this needs URGENT attention by a REPTILE VET ( today !!).
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:06 am

Hello,

Were you able to get him to the vets?
Please let us know how he is doing & what went on at the vet's office, etc.
I hope that he will be ok.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER