Red in bearded dragon urate and strange behaviour?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cseabrook

My 9 month old beardie has been glass surfing like crazy the last 2 days and she’s constantly banging her head into the side of her terrarium. I’ve tried taking her out of the cage to spend time with her, giving her baths, food water but nothing is working. She is just starting a shed so I assumed she was just a little stressed from that but this morning she pooped and her urate was red/orange. She is now refusing to eat. Her temps are 82 on the cool side and 105 on her basking spot. She has a t5 tube UVB on top of her tank . She is black bearding a bit today but she has no stress marks. Should I take her to the vet? The only vet close to me is a little over an hour away but I’m getting really worried. I’ll include a picture of her poop.
109557-7793129752.jpg
109557-6007757145.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What supplements are you feeding? And the screen on your tank is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type- are you feeding fruit that's red fruit?

cseabrook

Original Poster
She gets a calcium dusting on her food daily. The screen is a fine mesh and she hasn’t eaten any red fruit recently.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so you want to move your uvb in the tank please distance 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- this is going to help her absorb the calcium right now your screen is blocking 30% of the rays- I would cut back on the calcium for now to 2-3 times per week get your uvb situated and see if the urate- changes

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those orange tinted urates are very normal! A lot of dragons have off colored urates or harder
urates from time to time.
Supplementation & diet play a huge role in the characteristics of their urates & or stools. Which
supplementation are you currently using?
Try giving more oral fluids right now to try & clear out his urates to some extent.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom