Gravid Dragon concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyDragon21

Hello,

Our bearded dragon is almost 3 years old, she has recently come out of brumation and refused to eat anything for nearly 3 weeks now! Previous years she has been hungry and eaten well a few days after coming out of brumation.

She definitely appears gravid, very swollen looking and keeps asking to come out of her tank for a run around. Today though she has hardly moved and looks like she is full of eggs...usually she would lay eggs without any issues but she has never been gravid almost straight after waking from her brumation before so I’m a bit worried this time.

Any advice? Is egg laying normal straight out of brumation?

We have bathed her during brumation and since she has been awake. She’s a good weight and always has been.

Thanks for any help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, none of my girls ever came out of brumation with no appetite and then seemed gravid + lethargic. She might be having some trouble. Can you post pics of her ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Is her beard black ? If she really seems ill it's best to have her seen by an experienced reptile vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom