bearded dragon swallowed cigarette butt, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
my bearded dragon swallowed a cigarette butt while i was walking him around the yard, we rushed him into the car and searched all over town for a vet but nothing's open or they don't take exotics.

please help me, I don't know what to do.

update: he was taken to the vet earlier today, and it was actually a false alarm. i still dont know what he swallowed, but im still glad i took him to make sure. i will be keeping everyone's advice in mind though, so thank you :)

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
107375-6648011990.jpg
... if you have some actived charocal mix it with water and use a non needle syringe give it to them to make them regurgitate. Should be a Instinct to google and figure out what to do when your animal ingested something toxic cant always rely on others to hand you the answer sometimes you gotta do some digging yourself and being prepared for the situation in the first place

PonyoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Wickedpogana":3esppa30 said:
107375-6648011990.jpg
... if you have some actived charocal mix it with water and use a non needle syringe give it to them to make them regurgitate. Should be a Instinct to google and figure out what to do when your animal ingested something toxic cant always rely on others to hand you the answer sometimes you gotta do some digging yourself and being prepared for the situation in the first place

i did do some digging on the situation. that was actually the first thing i did when my bearded dragon ingested it, however the only information i could find was that i should take him to the vet. i was not prepared for the situation, i will admit that, and i should've been. as i said, we tried to get him to a vet immediately, but nothing was open or they didn't take exotic animals. going on here was a last resort, and i figured it was the right thing to do. i dont expect the answer to be handed to me, i was just wanting advice from owners more experienced than i am.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, were you able to get some charcoal into him?
It is hard to be prepared for absolutely everything, so don't blame yourself. We are always
here to help as much as we can.
Has his beard been black since the incident? You can also make a slurry out of parsley,
cilantro, mint & basil together with water to help detox the system also.
Be sure to keep him warm overnight, to help boost his system. Around 75-80F should be
fine for him. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

PonyoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Drache613":2rarluze said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, were you able to get some charcoal into him?
It is hard to be prepared for absolutely everything, so don't blame yourself. We are always
here to help as much as we can.
Has his beard been black since the incident? You can also make a slurry out of parsley,
cilantro, mint & basil together with water to help detox the system also.
Be sure to keep him warm overnight, to help boost his system. Around 75-80F should be
fine for him. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

hi! he's doing okay at the moment, unfortunately i don't have charcoal. i'll be sure to have some on hand the next time something like this occurs.
also thank you, i felt a bit guilty coming on here and needing help but i feel more confident now :)
his beard hasn't been black, and so far nothing too serious besides lethargy. i'll see if i can get him the parsley, basil, cilantro and mint as soon as i can.
we're going to take him to the vet ASAP tomorrow morning, i'll be sure to update the results.

thank you for the help, i really appreciate it!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No need at all to feel bad about coming here to ask questions or for help! That is what we are
here for.
Definitely try the herb mix just to help detoxify his system. I am glad to hear he hasn't had a
black beard then, hopefully he isn't feeling too bad right now.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom