HELP ME PLEASE MY BABY BEARDIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t been able to pick up his head and hasn’t been moving at all, only breathing. And all of a sudden, he stands up high and starts doing these creepy back breaking spins with his leg up, and opening his mouth really wide. Then he just stopped and went to weird position.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post a pic of him how long have you had him and what are you using for a UVB basking temps how are you taking them ? Please answer all these questions
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Chryptecream

Original Poster
KarrieRee":b9h4146q said:
Please post a pic of him how long have you had him and what are you using for a UVB basking temps how are you taking them ? Please answer all these questions
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
109995-523316050.jpg
His UVB is 10.0 Reptisun, his Basking spot is 111/110, i take these temps with a temperature gun and a thermometer
He hasn’t been responsive only just breathing and moving around dragging his head

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok he doesnt look good --- the UVB is a tube or a coil? I want you to get him set up in a 10 gallon tote like this
97951-1320896047.jpg
the UVB needs to be a long tube fixture NO coils -- and you need to get this ASAP --- tell me what your using so I can help w/ the UVB
Karrie

Chryptecream

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2wh7fyp4 said:
Ok he doesnt look good --- the UVB is a tube or a coil? I want you to get him set up in a 10 gallon tote like this
97951-1320896047.jpg
the UVB needs to be a long tube fixture NO coils -- and you need to get this ASAP --- tell me what your using so I can help w/ the UVB
Karrie
It is not a coil but it’s a compact one

Chryptecream

Original Poster
Chryptecream said:
KarrieRee said:
97951-1320896047.jpg
Karrie
I think I was too late though he hasn’t been breathing ??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
thats a coil--- please get a long tube fixture -- you need a 18" for now go to petsmart and get a Zilla or Reptisun fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb -- this is very important --- to be honest he looks so bad I dont know if hes going to make -- if they dont carry the Reptisun hoods get the Zilla but you want that Reptisun bulb that I posted -- get a digital probe thermometer if you dont have one its a Zoo Med your going to need that for basking temps NO stick ons they are inaccurate
OH NO ----- where did you get him from how long have you had him?
Karrie

Chryptecream

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1oa4hh98 said:
thats a coil--- please get a long tube fixture -- you need a 18" for now go to petsmart and get a Zilla or Reptisun fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb -- this is very important --- to be honest he looks so bad I dont know if hes going to make -- if they dont carry the Reptisun hoods get the Zilla but you want that Reptisun bulb that I posted -- get a digital probe thermometer if you dont have one its a Zoo Med your going to need that for basking temps NO stick ons they are inaccurate
OH NO ----- where did you get him from how long have you had him?
Karrie
I got him from the stupid PetSmart which I know I shouldn’t have, I had him for a 2 months he was fine the first week, he would eat his crickets, then it started going downhill, he stopped eating, so we started giving him appetitie supplements, and eventually he just stopped, his eye got cloudy and this happened just as he was looking better, he pooped this morning, then he fought a battle for 6 hours, he would stop breathing for 7 minutes, then he would start again. I believe he has passed though ☹️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
:cry:
OK it sounds like he was sick already --- but I want you to let pet smart know --- also if and when you decide to get another dragon please go over the tank husbandry before you get one --- you want that tank set up properly before you bring another baby home ---- also sanitize the tank before you get another one w/ either Rescue --- Zoo Meds Wipeout --- or F 10 ---- you want whatever could be in that tank dead --- since we have no idea what was wrong w/ the one that has passed --- if you need any help at all please ask --- we are here to help as much as we can----- and again I am so sorry for you and your little guy--- it just breaks my heart when they are so young :(
Karrie

Chryptecream

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2uvjrfqt said:
:cry:
OK it sounds like he was sick already --- but I want you to let pet smart know --- also if and when you decide to get another dragon please go over the tank husbandry before you get one --- you want that tank set up properly before you bring another baby home ---- also sanitize the tank before you get another one w/ either Rescue --- Zoo Meds Wipeout --- or F 10 ---- you want whatever could be in that tank dead --- since we have no idea what was wrong w/ the one that has passed --- if you need any help at all please ask --- we are here to help as much as we can----- and again I am so sorry for you and your little guy--- it just breaks my heart when they are so young :(
Karrie
Thank you so much for your help :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry about your baby, he may have had atadenovirus from the description of the seizures. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, I know it was heartbreaking. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom