juvenile bearded dragon eye issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

keirrrarose

hello, so a few days ago i noticed my bearded dragon, leo’s right eye was shut most of the time, and if it wasn’t it was only slightly opened, i googled that and it said it should be to do with them having eyes either side of their head so they’re just focusing on something, so i just kept an eye out for him for any weird behaviour.

i’m having a light issue at the moment, so the heating is just a bit low, cool and is about 26°c and warm end is 39°c

but now with his eye, he has opened it fully a few times it’s gone completely jet black, no pupil or anything, this is just on one eye tho. what do you all think i should do?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kierra, can you post a close up to show the eye, a full body pic and some pics of the enclosure + lights ? Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Sometimes you can use sterile saline to rinse the eye in case there's just something stuck in it.
BTW, is your dragon a transluscent ?

keirrrarose

Original Poster
i am not sure if he is a translucent, because it’s only one eye, how can you tell?
and he rarely opens it, and i will show pictures of the vivarium in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom