I feel like a horrible beardie mom..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last month I lost my father and I’ve been on auto pilot for the last two with him being sick but I kinda woke up out of my daze. My fiancée and I have been feeding and watering Neon and I have his/hers(still can’t tell the sex I’ve been calling Neon “her”) light on a timer so she has been getting that on time but it got cold this last week like in the 60 in my house cuz I forgot to switch over to heat and the ac was still on.. and I flipped on her ceramic bulb but my dumb butt forgot to flip it off and it’s been on for a week or maybe two I just don’t remember no matter how hard I try. Last night she passed almost completely undigested super worms. Dec 12, 2020 . and I realized what happened with the ceramic and I’m so worried. I gave her a 20min bath while I cleaned her cage because I was afraid I dehydrated her and I was gonna do it again later just to make sure she’s getting enough water. But I’m worried about when she will start eating again and acting herself.. I put fresh veggies and super worms in her cage and she’s not acting like herself even after pooping non-digested bugs... please give me some insight into what to do?

Christycree

Original Poster
97325-9019204541.jpg
97325-7424959815.jpg
Here is her cage and a pick of her. I’m seriously worried I hurt her badly since I haven’t upgraded her cage yet with everything else going on... I know it’s getting a little small for her.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, stress like that will throw us out of balance with every day life. So first of all you my sincere condolences for the loss of your dad. So do you mean that you left the CHE
on at the same time as the heat bulb ? I'm not sure if that's what you mean. BTW the set up looks nice, what size is it ?

Christycree

Original Poster
Thank you and I feel just horrible I feel like it got to hot in her tank and I just never noticed what I did until last night when I saw the worm in her tank. But yes I’m sorry for the confusion. I left both the ceramic and the heat lamp and uv turn on at 7am to 8pm everyday. It’s a 15gal. And I got her March of 2018.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks a little tired but otherwise O.K. She should bounce back after a short time, keep offering water, slowly dripped on her snout for a chance to drink. If you have raw unpasteurized honey you can add a drop or 2 to the water.

Christycree

Original Poster
Do you think she will eat today or should I remove the veggies? Should I go with the bath again today or wait a day? I want her to be able to eat when she ready... I might leave them until tonight or tomorrow morning and remove them then... I feel like I forgot everything I need to do when I seen those bugs last night.. I was even thinking of turning off her heat lamp earlier but I don’t want to screw her up even more when she has a schedule of light...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can leave the insects, if she doesn't want them she won't eat them but if she gets hungry they are there. Keep lights on as usual , just be sure she has a cool end. Hot side should be 100-105 F, cool side around 80. Extra baths don't help unless she's drinking so just try the syringe or eyedropper with water.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. I lost mine 2 years ago and it still hurts sometimes. But other times, I remember the good and that makes it okay.

Christycree

Original Poster
saraho":p6blyjlz said:
I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. I lost mine 2 years ago and it still hurts sometimes. But other times, I remember the good and that makes it okay.
It really hurts because this was my dad’s favorite time of year. Every Christmas he dressed as Santa for our town at the American Legion and went to the special needs classes in our local school...
97325-3429230568.jpg
this was 2019 with my kiddos... ugh it really sucks... but thank you and I am sorry for your loss as well!

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hi! Glad to hear your dragon is acting more normal! It really helps to feed them 100% pumpkin puree as well after an upset stomach. And Your setup looks nice, but your going to want to upgrade to a 40-75gallon setup at some point! She'll appreciate the room <3

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Glad to hear that Neon is doing better, what a relief for you ! Is she still being a sassy girl ? :) And sorry about missing your dad, it does hurt when we see those pics of our parents or loved ones that have passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom