2 month Baby Beardie Extremely Lethargic HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need any help I can get, my beardie has been lethargic and sleeping for the past 2-3 days. He is not eating anymore and sleeping just about all day. He is not opening his eyes and goes to sleep on the bottom of the cage away from the uva and uvb. Please help!
109142-5117250863.jpg
109142-8354210327.jpg
109142-9559655389.jpg
109142-8823116556.jpg
109142-6309238621.jpg

cgirard154

Original Poster
Also now when he walks around it looks like he is spassing out and not walking correctly, what is wrong :(
Looked like he just had a seizure but he was shaking and opening his mouth .... Shaking and looking like he is having seizures but i do not know, any help right now is appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am so sorry to hear! :( No that was not tail rot! How long was he like this and how long have you had him - I was looking at his tank set up and it looks like you had some good lighting going so my guess is he was sick when you bought him --- where did you get him from --- it is so sad to see this!
Karrie

cgirard154

Original Poster
He was sleeping just about all day for maybe 2-3 days, and I did a lot of research on the cage setup with lighting and all. I have had him for about 2 months and bought him from petsmart. Very sad looks like seizures are linked to MBD in beardies he must have been sick when I bought him. :(
Just got a new beardie from petsense and he/she looks much healthier. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes they are but he was too young to have MBD I am thinking -- he had something else going on -- I hope you sanitized your tank before getting the new one since you do not know exactly what he died from and if he was sick when you got him it could be contagious
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
It’s no doubt ADV, which is common in chain store reptiles. Looks like he just had super bad luck in being born into such a cruel trade. Chain stores have no business selling live animals. It couldn’t have been treated, you did exactly nothing wrong here. I’d suggest buying from a breeder next time, some sell for $75, but you’re less likely to get ADV+ beardies from a reputable breeder.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear he didn't make it =(. My first guess is atadenovirus as well. If this is the case, you didn't do anything wrong. If you do decide to bring another dragon home, I advise thorough cleaning and sanitization of all equipment in order to prevent further infections since this virus can be contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom